Closed Bug 971353 Opened 7 years ago Closed 6 years ago
hamachi: 'Unknown SIM card state' or 'No SIM' after flashed with self-build build
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 (Beta/Release) Build ID: 20140127194636 Steps to reproduce: Alcatel one touch fire (qcom) / hamachi (Congstar / Germany) b2g v1.2 & v1.4 self-build builds followed the 'Build & Install' guides: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Firefox_OS_build_prerequisites https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Preparing_for_your_first_B2G_build https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Building https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Installing_on_a_mobile_device BRANCH=v1.2 ./config.sh hamachi ./build.sh clean ./build.sh ./flash.sh -f for v1.4 ./config.sh hamachi ./build.sh clean ./build.sh ./flash.sh -f Actual results: after flashing the Alcatel device the SIM card is not useable. I am unable to place or receive calls, and i am unable to to use cellular data, too. v1.2: 'Unknown SIM card state' v1.4: 'No SIM' Expected results: The SIM card should work normally. It should be possible to place and receive calls and use celluar data, too.
logcat of branch v1.2
I can confirm this bug. I had the same problem with my Alcatel One Touch Fire, branch v1.2 and v1.4 (master). I solved it by applying this fix by cargabsj175: https://github.com/weisslj/b2g-manifest/commit/4ac56ab8743e250e29647c83a675b526d9c4c517 @Bob: Can you try to build with https://github.com/weisslj/B2G? It is equal to the current B2G master (1727144), but uses b2g-manifest with the above fix applied. This is the dev-b2g thread that helped me: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.b2g/D_mc4bY7MSg/fnih9d64QSkJ
@Johannes W: I try to build the branch v1.2 with https://github.com/weisslj/B2G but at the end i got the same result. the SIM card is not working.
@Bob: It will only work if you do not limit the branch to v1.2. Try ./config.sh without BRANCH!
I have the same issue on my hamachi (Alcatel OneTouch Fire). Affected branches: v1.2, v1.4 and v2.1 (master). Proposed solution works (checkout branch "caf/b2g/ics_strawberry_v1" in "hardware/ril" ), so please merge it (because phone without functionality of phone is not usable)
Bob informed me that the solution in comment #2 works, and if I would like to create a pull request. I asked the original author of the patch, Carlos Sánchez, and he agreed: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/b2g-manifest/pull/222
Please try to rename or remove file /system/bin/rilproxy and restart the device.
Comment on attachment 8496566 [details] [review] Fix "No SIM card" on Alcatel One Touch Fire Thanks for the PR. I'd like you to check one thing first though - remove the rilproxy repo from the manifest, and make sure your build doesn't have rilproxy in /system/bin/. If that works, please submit a PR to remove rilproxy instead.
I can confirm that I manually remove rilproxy from /system/bin and it works (modem works).
(In reply to mac from comment #7) > Please try to rename or remove file /system/bin/rilproxy and restart the device. (In reply to Michael Wu [:mwu] from comment #8) > Thanks for the PR. I'd like you to check one thing first though - remove the rilproxy repo from the manifest, [...] Thanks for the replies! I will try that, unfortunately I can only do it next week.
ZTE Open C, OS Version 126.96.36.199-prerelease, build identifier 20141008000201 My phone went into the "Unknown SIM card state" today. The upper-right corner signal strength meter showed 5 bars and if I pulled down the "windowshade" it showed "T - Mobil". The Settings sections "Call Settings", "Messaging Settings", and "Cellular & Data" all reported "Unknown SIM card state". Couldn't place calls or send text messages. I saw in a different bug that it might have something to do with airplane mode. I double-checked that I was not in airplane mode but nonetheless I enabled airplane mode and then disabled it and now things are working again.
I finally got time to test the suggestion of removing `/system/bin/rilproxy`, and it works! I created a new pull request in https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/b2g-manifest/pull/242
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.