+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1000000 +++
So people can celebrate in bug 1000000
Firefox OS 184.108.40.206-prerelease 20140422025146 on Geeksphone Keon
Steps to reproduce:
0. Set language to German ("Deutsch").
1. Have word suggestions enabled.
2. Find a textarea for writing, e.g. https://pastebin.mozilla.org/
3. Type "Dampfs"
Keyboard content moved to the right and partially hidden
Created attachment 8410854 [details]
screenshot of issue
For the fix to this issue, see bug 1000000 comment 16 and bug 1000000 comment 17.
ni William, is this a regression? I'm not seeing the same symptom on my older build from master. When the word suggestion is long the text is supposed to shrink.
Yes, this is a regression bug.
I cannot reproduce it on latest V1.3 and V1.4 builds.
But, I can reproduce it on newer V2.0 Hamachi build.
* Reproduce steps:
1. Enable word suggestion on keyboard settings
2. Enable "Deutsch" keyboard on settings app
3. Launch browser app and visit "https://pastebin.mozilla.org/"
4. Tap the text field
5. Tap IME key to switch to "Deutsch" keyboard
6. Input "Dampfs"
7. Check the UI layout
* Actual result:
- UI truncation happened
* Build information:
+ V1.3 =>> Result: "Cannot" reproduce
- Gaia 32a9e3db738e0b3bc44a4d4d5c16512a2617a2cf
- Gecko https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g28_v1_3/rev/d7b1e90008e5
- BuildID 20140428024001
- Version 28.0
+ v1.4 =>> Result: "Cannot" reproduce
- Gaia d23e479e8a4ce0bc620acb2d7e2f82801aa4d0ea
- Gecko https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-aurora/rev/36f67ce46855
- BuildID 20140428000206
- Version 30.0a2
+ Master(V2.0)=>> Result: "Can" reproduce
- Gaia f0463704888881b8ed1619e8d4b0d851b0e0311b
- Gecko https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/1d0496e30feb
- BuildID 20140422040203
- Version 31.0a1
Also, attach the screenshots. FYI.
Created attachment 8414398 [details]
I couldn't reproduce the issue with yesterday's master. I can confirm it is present with BuilID 20140422040203, though, so maybe some changes in between "fixed" this issue.
According to comment above this issue was there but is already fixed, updating the status as so.
It could be good if we could find the the regressed bug (and the fixed bug) with bisection though.
Someone solved the bug.
Because I "can" reproduce it on following build
But, I "cannot" reproduce it on following build.