Apprunner M8 Build, ID 1999071417 This likeness effectively causes two such minimized Mozilla windows to be indistinguishable, at sight of taskbar. Suggested format for "View Source" window title: "mozilla.org - Markup View - Mozilla"
Bill, is this a bug for you or for Matiskella?
I've asked in bug #11519 why we can't view page source inline rather than opening a new window. If done, this would render this might render the problem irrelevant, although I guess you might still want to change the title.
I'll take this. If I can't get it right using the existing window-titling code, then it might go to David. Bug #11519 is another thing entirely (and I haven't run across that one yet).
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
View source title is now: Source for: <document title> - Mozilla I think it should be <url> instead of <document title> but the view-source parser insists on the latter.
I'm going to have to reopen this just to be careful. I suspect that what I'm seeing is really Bug 14947 but law you'd have to look at that maybe to be sure. At the very least, that bug is blocking verification of this one.
Clearing FIXED resolution due to reopen of this bug.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago → 19 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Sure seems to be working OK for me. Claudius, can you try again and explain what you're seeing in a little more detail?
my comments on 09/27/1999 refer to bug 14947 which involved the page title disappearing. That bug is still open. I've reopened this bug because I'm looking at a comm. opt build dated 1999102008 and the View Source Boiler plate is not working correctly. One one occasion I got "Mozilla - Mozilla" among other wacky results. It looks like there is more going on here.
Clearing FIXED resolution due to reopen.
The wackiness might be due to the problem reported under bug #17500. I'm moving this out since it isn't a high enough priority to take me off the things I'm working on at the moment.
Moving to M13.
Not required for beta 1.
Move to M16 for now ...
Target Milestone: M15 → M16
Move to M21 target milestone.
Target Milestone: M18 → M21
will take this off of claudius' hands, if you doesn't mind :-).
QA Contact: claudius → sairuh
pardon the spam: moving view source bugs into xp apps: gui component.
Component: XP Apps → XP Apps: GUI Features
*** Bug 60380 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Consensus seems to be I dup'ed this in 60380, so this is a reconfirmation that this problem exists in 1114 on both Win32 and OS/2. My problem is if you View -> Page Source, the URL of the page your viewing the source of doesn't appear in the window's Titlebar. Under 4.61, it puts the URL in the Titlebar. This current behaviour can be very confusing if you have several View Source browser windows open, since you won't know which one to really go to. Where does this bug sit? Is this the same problem? Can we change the summary of this problem to make it a little more clear, or is this a symptom of a larger problem? Can we also update the target for this bug? I'd hate to wait for M21. :-)
seems like this bug is asking whether we should put either the <title> or url in the titlebar of the view source window --is that right? if so, i'd vote to implement the 4.x version, ie, use the url, which would distinguish the source window from the browser window. imho. :) however, i noticed that that the titlebar is empty [save for "Netscape"] --i'll file a bug on that [i couldn't find an existing one]. also, am clearing the milestone here --bill/blake, could you guesstimate when this could be implemented? thx!
Severity: minor → normal
OS: Windows 98 → All
Hardware: PC → All
Summary: View Source window title same as browser window title → View Source window title same as browser window title? or use URL?
Target Milestone: M21 → ---
Netscape nav triage team: per Alec Flett's pre-triage recommendation, this bug is nsbeta1-.
Marking nsbeta1- bugs as future to get off the radar
Target Milestone: --- → Future
-> Doron, but this might need to run through UI Design first.
Assignee: law → doronr
Status: REOPENED → NEW
the wierd thing is, in viewSource.xul, the title is defined using text from viewsource.dtd, but it never gets changed. So, I could set it in js.
dupe (of a fixed bug) *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 60892 ***
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago → 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.