There's a group of us making content for a training on DRM and Net Neutrality. 2 days DRM, 2 days NN "sold" together, but distinct from each other, Friday = day of celebration for both. META bug 1033244 has all the associated bugs. This pad has everything we're doing written out (if you want an overview, this is easier than flipping through all the bugs ;) https://teach.etherpad.mozilla.org/drm-nn-training Dates are July 28 and 29 Net Neutrality July 30 and 31 DRM Aug 1 Celebrations!
Can you clarify what the blog post is actually about? Is it to highlight the resources you're creating? Or is to provide background info on NN and DMR?
Blogpost is to announce that we're doing the trainings and highlight the resources, get more people to signup at training and to have them aware of the policy work we're doing in this area. You'll need to talk to Dave Steer on that piece (but he's out until July 11)
Sorry, heart beats are every two weeks. 11. won't work because Dave is away, but the 25th is too late. So can we shoot for July 18th on this one?
I'm probably not the right person to write this as I have virtually no knowledge of either the resources or the actual policy work. Laura, I suggest you write a first draft and have Dave slot in the policy pieces when he's back from PTO. I can do a final review to make sure it makes sense to the layperson. Does that work for you?
(FYI dates were modified) I think this blog post should be super short and just says: "Starting July 28th, Webmaker Training is offering a [free course on Net Neutrality](1). Be sure to sign up to receive email updates (1). New to Webmaker Training? Here's how you can participate (2)." 1. https://training.webmakerprototypes.org/en/netneutrality/concepts/ 2. https://sendto.mozilla.org/page/s/webmaker-training ) 3. https://laura.makes.org/thimble/LTE5MzI3ODc3MTI=/how-to-participate-in-webmaker-training We will be sending outreach email to our various lists as well (bug 1033299), so the blog post is less about repeating the stuff included in the training site, and more covering our bases for engagement.
Thanks, Laura. There's a meeting for NN comms tomorrow (July 17) so I'll try and draft the blog post afterwards, still in time to catch the July 18 train.
Stepping back, as directed, until NN issues are resolved.
uh, ok. Well we're running out of time, so I wrote this: https://blog.webmaker.org/?p=11724&preview=true it's in the Webmaker blog. Could use a review, but I guess it is blocked by bug 1035169 because if we're making a landing page, the blog should probably be simpler and link only to that?
* Laura: let's not block on the landing page. The existing training link is fine. We can swap in a new sign-up page / if and when it's ready. * I'm having a look at the blog post now.
* This was a great start. Me and Dave Steer are exploring ways to frame in a broader way here: http://workopen.org/NN * That's a first stab at a simplified story that tries to widen the appeal for more sign-ups / conversion. We can use it or set it aside as needed. Needs more polishing, which I can hop back into 10am ET Tues.
* flagging Hannah, as she's helping to co-ordinate comms
Left some comments on the workopen.org pad. This is getting much clearer.
* Have made more progress here: http://workopen.org/NN * Waiting on list of partners from Alina. Plus should work with Laura to make sure the notes about clearly explaining the asynchronous / synchronous part of training gets addressed. People still seem to be tripping up here.
Love the new direction - making this about a series of teach-ins, where the primary CTA is to host one. Added some comments and re-organized a bit.
* Latest draft is here: http://workopen.org/NN * Emailed to group. Have asked people to check to ensure all links are updated. * Laura: this can be published to the Webmaker blog whenever you feel its ready.
i updated the blogpost, but it's not finished because we're blocked by bug 1042133 We will also need to update: https://blog.webmaker.org/net-neutrality Hannah, when is the best time to post (pending the above bug)? Friday? Monday?
ok the signup URL is https://welcome.webmaker.org/from/net-neutrality I've updated both posts, but we still need to wait until the page is live
Monday seems like a better launch day, so let's plan for that.
This is scheduled to post at 10am EST on Monday. I'm leaving it open until bug 1042133 is closed.