window.parent.frames[1] is a bogus window object

VERIFIED INVALID

Status

()

Core
DOM
P3
blocker
VERIFIED INVALID
18 years ago
17 years ago

People

(Reporter: Alec Flett, Assigned: Alec Flett)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
All
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Assignee)

Description

18 years ago
I have a XUL file:
	<box align="horizontal" flex="100%">
		<box align="vertical" flex="20%">
			<html:iframe flex="100%" name="accounttree"
src="chrome://messenger/content/accounttree.xul"/>
		</box>
		<box align="vertical" flex="80%">
			<html:iframe flex="100%" name="prefframe"
src="chrome://messenger/content/am-main.xul"/>
		</box>
	</box>

And then I have some JS inside of the first frame, accounttree.xul, that tries
to access
window.parent.frames["prefframe"]

I get back a bogus window of some sort:
prefframe[window] = undefined
prefframe[self] = undefined
prefframe[document] = undefined
prefframe[navigator] = undefined
prefframe[screen] = undefined
prefframe[history] = undefined
prefframe[parent] = undefined
prefframe[top] = undefined
prefframe[content] = undefined
prefframe[menubar] = undefined
prefframe[toolbar] = undefined
prefframe[locationbar] = undefined
prefframe[personalbar] = undefined
prefframe[statusbar] = undefined
prefframe[scrollbars] = undefined
prefframe[directories] = undefined
prefframe[closed] = undefined
prefframe[frames] = undefined
prefframe[opener] = undefined
prefframe[status] = undefined
prefframe[defaultStatus] = undefined
prefframe[name] = undefined
prefframe[innerWidth] = undefined
prefframe[innerHeight] = undefined
prefframe[outerWidth] = undefined
prefframe[outerHeight] = undefined
prefframe[screenX] = undefined
prefframe[screenY] = undefined
prefframe[pageXOffset] = undefined
prefframe[pageYOffset] = undefined
prefframe[Components] = undefined


and when I try to assign something to prefframe.location, JavaScript silently
fails (no exception, no nothing)

This worked at one point.... then I went on vacation and now it doesn't work, so
this could have busted any time in the last 5 weeks.

This is preventing messenger's account manager from working correctly.
(Assignee)

Updated

18 years ago
Blocks: 11139

Updated

18 years ago
Assignee: vidur → alecf

Comment 1

18 years ago
The location problem was fixed over the weekend. I'm having problems seeing the
"bogus window object" problem.

Reassigning back to Alec, as per our conversation, to see if it's possible to
get more information or a reduced test case. Need to reassign to manage my bug
list and stay sane.
(Assignee)

Updated

18 years ago
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
(Assignee)

Comment 2

18 years ago
More information since reporting this bug... here are the details of my setup:
AccountManager.xul - parent window with 2 IFRAMEs
accounttree.xul - contents of first IFRAME, just a tree widget
aw-main.xul - the first page loaded in the second IFRAME ("prefframe")

What I'm trying to do is basically load a URL into "prefframe" whenever an item
is clicked in the tree.

I have click handler in accounttree.xul on the <tree>:
onclick="showPage(event)"

How strange. I just spent about 15 minutes trying to recreate this problem and
now it appears to work just fine.

I don't get it.
I'm going to mark this invalid for now. If I ever manage to
reproduce the problem, I'll reopen the bug.

Updated

18 years ago
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED

Comment 3

18 years ago
verified invalid for now, please reopen if necessary.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.