Lightning icons not shown on mail-toolbox

RESOLVED FIXED in seamonkey2.42

Status

SeaMonkey
Themes
RESOLVED FIXED
2 years ago
2 years ago

People

(Reporter: Paenglab, Assigned: Paenglab)

Tracking

(Blocks: 2 bugs)

unspecified
seamonkey2.42
Dependency tree / graph

SeaMonkey Tracking Flags

(seamonkey2.40 affected, seamonkey2.41 fixed, seamonkey2.42 fixed)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment, 2 obsolete attachments)

(Assignee)

Description

2 years ago
Bug 1211643 fixed the icons on the Lightning toolbars but not on main toolbar.
(Assignee)

Comment 1

2 years ago
Created attachment 8686171 [details] [diff] [review]
suiteLightning.patch

I decided to add the styles to suite instead of lightning. Through this the icon sizes can be adapted to the sizes of SM. This makes them a little bit blurry except on Classic small icons, but this looks still better than fixed 18px icons. And they are correctly aligned with the other buttons.

Philip, what do you think about this?
Assignee: nobody → richard.marti
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Attachment #8686171 - Flags: review?(philip.chee)

Comment 2

2 years ago
Comment on attachment 8686171 [details] [diff] [review]
suiteLightning.patch

Mac has its own primaryToolbar.css (suite/themes/classic/mac/messenger/primaryToolbar.css) that needs to be fixed as well.
(Assignee)

Comment 3

2 years ago
Created attachment 8686198 [details] [diff] [review]
suiteLightning.patch

With Mac primaryToolbar.css
Attachment #8686171 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Attachment #8686171 - Flags: review?(philip.chee)
Attachment #8686198 - Flags: review?(philip.chee)

Comment 4

2 years ago
(In reply to Richard Marti (:Paenglab) from comment #1)
> I decided to add the styles to suite instead of lightning. Through this the
> icon sizes can be adapted to the sizes of SM. This makes them a little bit
> blurry except on Classic small icons, but this looks still better than fixed
> 18px icons. And they are correctly aligned with the other buttons.
Thanks for the patch.

> Philip, what do you think about this?
I'm not wildly enthused about this. Will have more comments once I eyeball the UI with this patch.

Comment 5

2 years ago
Comment on attachment 8686198 [details] [diff] [review]
suiteLightning.patch

This is sub-optimal but I guess this is the best we can do under the circumstances.

Classic and Classic-mac:

> +#lightning-button-calendar > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> +#lightning-button-tasks > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> +#extractEventButton > .box-inherit > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> +#extractTaskButton > .box-inherit > .toolbarbutton-icon {

For esoteric reasons when in the customize toolbar window you need:

#extractEventButton > .toolbarbutton-icon,
#extractTaskButton > .toolbarbutton-icon,

> +  width: 28px;
> +  height: 28px;
DOMi says the SeaMonkey toolbar images are 29x29 px

> +  width: 18px;
> +  height: 18px;
DOMi says the SeaMonkey small toolbar images are 19x19 px

Modern: no issues found.
Attachment #8686198 - Flags: review?(philip.chee) → review+
(Assignee)

Comment 6

2 years ago
(In reply to Philip Chee from comment #5)
> Comment on attachment 8686198 [details] [diff] [review]
> suiteLightning.patch
> 
> This is sub-optimal but I guess this is the best we can do under the
> circumstances.
> 
> Classic and Classic-mac:
> 
> > +#lightning-button-calendar > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> > +#lightning-button-tasks > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> > +#extractEventButton > .box-inherit > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> > +#extractTaskButton > .box-inherit > .toolbarbutton-icon {
> 
> For esoteric reasons when in the customize toolbar window you need:
> 
> #extractEventButton > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> #extractTaskButton > .toolbarbutton-icon,

Would it be okay for you whenn I use:

#extractEventButton .toolbarbutton-icon,
#extractTaskButton .toolbarbutton-icon,

Then it would work for both cases. Or should I add both variants?
 
> > +  width: 28px;
> > +  height: 28px;
> DOMi says the SeaMonkey toolbar images are 29x29 px
> 
> > +  width: 18px;
> > +  height: 18px;
> DOMi says the SeaMonkey small toolbar images are 19x19 px

I've set it to be even to make them less blurry.
Flags: needinfo?(philip.chee)

Comment 7

2 years ago
> > For esoteric reasons when in the customize toolbar window you need:
> > 
> > #extractEventButton > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> > #extractTaskButton > .toolbarbutton-icon,
> 
> Would it be okay for you whenn I use:

> #extractEventButton .toolbarbutton-icon,
> #extractTaskButton .toolbarbutton-icon,

> Then it would work for both cases. Or should I add both variants?

CSS best practices say to favour child selectors over descendant selectors. so both variants.

> I've set it to be even to make them less blurry.
Sounds reasonable.
Flags: needinfo?(philip.chee)
(Assignee)

Comment 8

2 years ago
Created attachment 8687405 [details] [diff] [review]
suiteLightning.patch

Review comments applied. Carrying r+ from previous patch.

[Approval Request Comment]
Regression caused by (bug #): 1153615
User impact if declined: no lightning icon visible on main toolbar
Testing completed (on m-c, etc.): 
Risk to taking this patch (and alternatives if risky): low, only CSS changes
String changes made by this patch: none
Attachment #8686198 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Attachment #8687405 - Flags: review+
Attachment #8687405 - Flags: approval-comm-beta?
Attachment #8687405 - Flags: approval-comm-aurora?
(Assignee)

Updated

2 years ago
Keywords: checkin-needed

Comment 9

2 years ago
http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/8e6a6631f908
status-seamonkey2.40: --- → affected
status-seamonkey2.41: --- → affected
status-seamonkey2.42: --- → fixed
Keywords: checkin-needed
Whiteboard: [leave open for comm-aurora and comm-beta]
Target Milestone: --- → seamonkey2.42

Comment 10

2 years ago
Comment on attachment 8687405 [details] [diff] [review]
suiteLightning.patch

Sigh. I forgot about this (somebody else normally deals with approval requests
Attachment #8687405 - Flags: approval-comm-beta?
Attachment #8687405 - Flags: approval-comm-beta+
Attachment #8687405 - Flags: approval-comm-aurora?
Attachment #8687405 - Flags: approval-comm-aurora+

Comment 11

2 years ago
Comment on attachment 8687405 [details] [diff] [review]
suiteLightning.patch

And of course at this moment 2.40 is comm-release 2.41 is comm-beta
Attachment #8687405 - Flags: approval-comm-aurora+ → approval-comm-release+

Comment 12

2 years ago
Pushed to comm-beta (SeaMonkey 2.41)
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-beta/rev/cf1b57ad7dd6
Pushed to comm-release (SeaMonkey 2.40)
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-release/rev/0ea850b43925
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 years ago
status-seamonkey2.41: affected → fixed
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Updated

2 years ago
Blocks: 1233615

Updated

2 years ago
Whiteboard: [leave open for comm-aurora and comm-beta]

Updated

2 years ago
Blocks: 1236982
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.