All things email signup forms on www.moz.org

NEW
Unassigned

Status

www.mozilla.org
Pages & Content
2 years ago
2 years ago

People

(Reporter: Jessilyn Davis, Unassigned)

Tracking

Production
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

2 years ago
Just did a quick audit of moz.org and where signup forms should and shouldn't be to achieve our relationship goals this year - and some language changes that need to be made to be 100% in line with our latest privacy protocols.

This is a massive bug, please break down as you see fit.

1) Language changes across *all email signup forms* (Will need to have l10n)

Current:
I’m okay with Mozilla handling my info as explained in this Privacy Policy"
(linked to: https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/)

Needs to be changed to:

"I’m okay with Mozilla handling my info as explained in this Privacy Notice"
(linked to: https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/websites/)


2) All Firefox product related pages should have a signup form for Firefox + You. These ones currently do not or need to be changed:

- https://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/ (currently Foundation - needs to be changed to Fx+You)

- https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/hello/ 

- https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/private-browsing

- https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/ios/

- https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/products/

- https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/firefox/ (could be fun to put a Fx + you email signup?)
    
- support.mozilla.org 


3) All Mozilla mission related pages should have a signup form for Mozilla Foundation. These ones currently do not or need to be changed:

- https://www.mozilla.org/about/legal/

- https://careers.mozilla.org/

- https://gear.mozilla.org/

- mozillians.org

- https://blog.mozilla.org/
- https://blog.mozilla.org/https://blog.mozilla.org/press/

- https://www.mozilla.org/en-*/  (en-US = Foundation, en-GB = Firefox + You, need to change all EN to Foundation)


- https://www.mozilla.org/styleguide/ (optional: not sure how much traffic this page gets, but why not?)

- QUESTION: 
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/  change to Foundation newsletter? Or is the community newsletter going to be revived this year? Needs to be vetted by Participation.



4) Need to remove "Firefox OS" newsletter here: 

https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/os/2.5/ 

This will be replaced with Connected Devices when it launches
(In reply to Jessilyn Davis from comment #0)
> Just did a quick audit of moz.org and where signup forms should and
> shouldn't be to achieve our relationship goals this year - and some language
> changes that need to be made to be 100% in line with our latest privacy
> protocols.
> 
> This is a massive bug, please break down as you see fit.
> 
> 1) Language changes across *all email signup forms* (Will need to have l10n)
> 
> Current:
> I’m okay with Mozilla handling my info as explained in this Privacy Policy"
> (linked to: https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/)
> 
> Needs to be changed to:
> 
> "I’m okay with Mozilla handling my info as explained in this Privacy Notice"
> (linked to: https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/websites/)
Hi Jess-
I've written a story for this one and we'll do it in sprint #2 in February.

> 
> 
> 2) All Firefox product related pages should have a signup form for Firefox +
> You. These ones currently do not or need to be changed:
> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/ (currently Foundation - needs to be
> changed to Fx+You)
> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/hello/ 
> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/private-browsing
> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/ios/
> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/products/
> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/firefox/ (could be fun to put a Fx + you
> email signup?)
>     
> - support.mozilla.org 
We are making the change to plug-in check in this current sprint - will be live by Feb 12.

You should file a separate bug for the SUMO folks.

Let's do the rest of the Firefox pages on www after we see some results from the test on plug-in check in Sprint #2 (new Firefox & You email sign up form).  Does that work?

> 
> 
> 3) All Mozilla mission related pages should have a signup form for Mozilla
> Foundation. These ones currently do not or need to be changed:
> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/about/legal/
> 
> - https://careers.mozilla.org/
> 
> - https://gear.mozilla.org/
> 
> - mozillians.org
> 
> - https://blog.mozilla.org/
> - https://blog.mozilla.org/https://blog.mozilla.org/press/
Please file a separate bug for these other subdomains and cc me and Ben Sternthal?

> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/en-*/  (en-US = Foundation, en-GB = Firefox + You,
> need to change all EN to Foundation)
Let's combine this with tests for the homepage newsletter sign up CTA, OK?

> 
> 
> - https://www.mozilla.org/styleguide/ (optional: not sure how much traffic
> this page gets, but why not?)
> 
> - QUESTION: 
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/  change to Foundation newsletter?
> Or is the community newsletter going to be revived this year? Needs to be
> vetted by Participation.
> 
> 
> 
> 4) Need to remove "Firefox OS" newsletter here: 
> 
> https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/os/2.5/ 
> 
> This will be replaced with Connected Devices when it launches

I've also written a story for this one and we'll do it in sprint #2 in February.
Flags: needinfo?(jdavis)
(Reporter)

Comment 2

2 years ago
(In reply to Jennifer Bertsch [:jbertsch] from comment #1)
> (In reply to Jessilyn Davis from comment #0)

> > 1) Language changes across *all email signup forms* (Will need to have l10n)

> I've written a story for this one and we'll do it in sprint #2 in February.

Excellent. Do you need a separate bug for this item to track?
 


> > 2) All Firefox product related pages should have a signup form for Firefox +
> > You. These ones currently do not or need to be changed:
> > 
> > - https://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/ (currently Foundation - needs to be
> > changed to Fx+You)
> > 
> > - https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/hello/ 
> > 
> > - https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/private-browsing
> > 
> > - https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/ios/
> > 
> > - https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/products/
> > 
> > - https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/firefox/ (could be fun to put a Fx + you
> > email signup?)
> >     
> > - support.mozilla.org 
> We are making the change to plug-in check in this current sprint - will be
> live by Feb 12.

Thank you.
 
> Let's do the rest of the Firefox pages on www after we see some results from
> the test on plug-in check in Sprint #2 (new Firefox & You email sign up
> form).  Does that work?

Some of these pages are completely without Fx + You signup forms. If it's easy enough to add in the current "Get Firefox news" module, then that would be preferred vs. waiting to see results from the tests and implement a new form. Some signups are better than 0 signups on these pages.

Your call though.


> > 3) All Mozilla mission related pages should have a signup form for Mozilla
> > Foundation. These ones currently do not or need to be changed:

> > - https://www.mozilla.org/en-*/  (en-US = Foundation, en-GB = Firefox + You,
> > need to change all EN to Foundation)
> Let's combine this with tests for the homepage newsletter sign up CTA, OK?


OK

> > 
> > 4) Need to remove "Firefox OS" newsletter here: 
> > 
> > https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/os/2.5/ 
> > 
> > This will be replaced with Connected Devices when it launches
> 
> I've also written a story for this one and we'll do it in sprint #2 in
> February.

Sweet. Thank you. Need a separate bug for this one?
Flags: needinfo?(jdavis)
(In reply to Jessilyn Davis from comment #0)

> 1) Language changes across *all email signup forms* (Will need to have l10n)
> 
> Current:
> I’m okay with Mozilla handling my info as explained in this Privacy Policy"
> (linked to: https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/)
> 
> Needs to be changed to:
> 
> "I’m okay with Mozilla handling my info as explained in this Privacy Notice"
> (linked to: https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/websites/)

This is a string change that impacts l10n. If there's a great sense of urgency (a mandate from legal, for example) we can do some finagling to show the updated string for English in production right away while other locales gradually catch up. However, if it's safe to let it wait a little while we can give locales time to translate and push it all to production at once.

So my question: does this have to happen right away or can it wait another few weeks?
Flags: needinfo?(jdavis)
(Reporter)

Comment 4

2 years ago
It is a legal push - but it can wait another few weeks. Thanks for flagging/making it happen, Craig! :D
Flags: needinfo?(jdavis)
Depends on: 1253413
Depends on: 1258447

Comment 6

2 years ago
Commits pushed to master at https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock

https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/88454adb6aadf29a6d6cc4a31ab0a0a5b2169ff3
[bug 1244200] Implement new Firefox newsletter form design

Remove A/B testing stuff
Add form to /sync, /pocket, /all

https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/5ab9e48a0fe2642fce63d20825eed34ae1783329
Merge pull request #3995 from craigcook/bug-1244200-firefox-newsletter-form

[bug 1244200] Implement new Firefox newsletter form design

Comment 7

2 years ago
Commits pushed to master at https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock

https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/92db527ab77502296313aa9a02374eaad097cde8
Bug 1244200 - update privacy link in newsletter forms

Changes "privacy policy" to "privacy notice"

https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/9345c81c187c9c73f350cc2443a39f9068d9878b
Merge pull request #3882 from craigcook/bug-1244200-newsletter-privacy-update

Bug 1244200 - update privacy link in newsletter forms
Blocks: 1258998
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.