Chrome/Safari/Opera like option to keep Bookmarks or History menu stays open when middle-clicking or Ctrl+clicking

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 260611

Status

()

enhancement
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 260611
2 years ago
2 years ago

People

(Reporter: u589863, Unassigned)

Tracking

55 Branch
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: parity with Chrome & other browsers, )

Reporter

Description

2 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/57.0.2987.111 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.8.770.46

Steps to reproduce:

Bookmarks or History menu stays open when middle-clicking (or optionally Ctrl-clicking) items, so you can easily open multiple items. Especially useful when you wish to view many, but not all, menu items in tabs (e.g. RSS feed items or multiple folder with many bookmarks).


Actual results:

Currently cannot open multiple/selective bookmarks from bookmark menu,
an option like to let it stay open is required as other browsers have it too
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Severity: normal → enhancement
Has STR: --- → yes
OS: Unspecified → All
Priority: -- → P1
Hardware: Unspecified → All
Summary: Chrome/Safari/opera option to keep Bookmarks or History menu stays open when middle-clicking → Chrome/Safari/opera option to keep Bookmarks or History menu stays open when middle-clicking or Ctrl+clicking
Whiteboard: parity with Chrome & other browsers
Reporter

Comment 1

2 years ago
Photon - structural changes to menus/toolbars/panels is the chance to implement this as it's very useful & all major browsers other than Firefox provide it.

I wonder why Firefox does not support such a feature by default: Opening only some links in a menu (in contrast to one or all what Firefox currently offers) seems like a very common use case to me.

It's a very minor change but helps users productivity plus a perf to change it will give users the choice.
can click on many bookmarks quickly without the pain and hassle of moving back and forth between the bookmark menu for each one, without the choir of having re-open the same menu


It is such a simple thing but I had been looking for the option to keep the menus open. I do tons of bookmark editing as one of my personal projects is to create the list of ultimate websites. It was really really really annoying how it insisted on automatically closing
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Summary: Chrome/Safari/opera option to keep Bookmarks or History menu stays open when middle-clicking or Ctrl+clicking → Chrome/Safari/Opera like option to keep Bookmarks or History menu stays open when middle-clicking or Ctrl+clicking
Reporter

Comment 2

2 years ago
Can this nifty little change be easily implemented?
Flags: needinfo?(gijskruitbosch+bugs)

Comment 3

2 years ago
This isn't currently part of the Photon project, so please don't add it to the trackers. Similarly, please don't set the priority field.

It seems that this is already on file as bug 260611. Please search for similar bugs before filing new ones.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 years ago
Component: Untriaged → Bookmarks & History
Flags: needinfo?(gijskruitbosch+bugs)
Priority: P1 → --
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 260611
Reporter

Comment 4

2 years ago
Stay-Open Menu 3.0.2 can do this right now but will be obsolete with Photon UI,
so if (In reply to :Gijs from comment #3)
> This isn't currently part of the Photon project, so please don't add it to
> the trackers. Similarly, please don't set the priority field.
> 
> It seems that this is already on file as bug 260611. Please search for
> similar bugs before filing new ones.
> 
> *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 260611 ***

Sorry new ,
searched for it but english is not good so didnot know exact term,
just to be clear, what feilds should be filled? can you please tell

Comment 5

2 years ago
(In reply to Sunil Kumar from comment #4)
> Stay-Open Menu 3.0.2 can do this right now but will be obsolete with Photon
> UI,
> so if (In reply to :Gijs from comment #3)
> > This isn't currently part of the Photon project, so please don't add it to
> > the trackers. Similarly, please don't set the priority field.
> > 
> > It seems that this is already on file as bug 260611. Please search for
> > similar bugs before filing new ones.
> > 
> > *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 260611 ***
> 
> Sorry new ,
> searched for it but english is not good so didnot know exact term,
> just to be clear, what feilds should be filled? can you please tell

Generally, when reporting a bug it isn't usually necessary to use anything besides:

Summary
Product
Component
Version
URL (if the problem is specific to a particular page or you created a testcase)
Platform
Description (ie initial comment with details beyond what's in the summary)
Attachment (for testcases/screenshots)

Depends/Blocks if a regression.
Tracking flags if a regression.
Reporter

Comment 6

2 years ago
(In reply to :Gijs from comment #5)
> (In reply to Sunil Kumar from comment #4)
> > Stay-Open Menu 3.0.2 can do this right now but will be obsolete with Photon
> > UI,
> > so if (In reply to :Gijs from comment #3)
> > > This isn't currently part of the Photon project, so please don't add it to
> > > the trackers. Similarly, please don't set the priority field.
> > > 
> > > It seems that this is already on file as bug 260611. Please search for
> > > similar bugs before filing new ones.
> > > 
> > > *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 260611 ***
> > 
> > Sorry new ,
> > searched for it but english is not good so didnot know exact term,
> > just to be clear, what feilds should be filled? can you please tell
> 
> Generally, when reporting a bug it isn't usually necessary to use anything
> besides:
> 
> Summary
> Product
> Component
> Version
> URL (if the problem is specific to a particular page or you created a
> testcase)
> Platform
> Description (ie initial comment with details beyond what's in the summary)
> Attachment (for testcases/screenshots)
> 
> Depends/Blocks if a regression.
> Tracking flags if a regression.

Thank you , think understood what you meant in comment before.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.