We have this complicated logic for how sentry should replace :lang to check locations. It's from the days we had volunteer mirrors and they would rsync files in, possibly slowly and often after we had shipped, and we'd wait until they had the last locale before enabling them for a product. Last in the alphabetical-sort sense, so usually zh-TW. These days the CDNs have all or none of the files, and we set that up before shipping, so we can just use en-US since that's reliably present.
Created attachment 8889723 [details] [review] Use en-US for all :lang substitutions
We are running the sentry here: https://github.com/mozilla-services/go-bouncer/tree/master/go-sentry. I can look in to porting your patch though, thanks!
Looks like the equivalent section would be here: https://github.com/mozilla-services/go-bouncer/blob/master/go-sentry/sentry/sentry.go#L110
I'm wondering if we even need sentry anymore. We control bouncer, the CDN and mozilla.org, so there probably isn't a good reason to check, via sentry, that the file is actually in place.
So, in practical terms bouncer would enable new locations as soon as they were added, and would serve a 302. If the location isn't present yet, or someone made a typo, then we'd get a 404 from the CDN rather than bouncer ?
Yes, exactly. It would just redirect to its configured location always.
I can't think of any reasons that would be a problem, but will check with other people in RelEng. Either way I probably won't be the one touching the code.
Currently spinning 2.49.1 and will most likely hit the issue as mentioned in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1351985#c8. That said.. I'll do a pr against https://github.com/mozilla-services/go-bouncer/blob/master/go-sentry/sentry/sentry.go#L124
nthomas, ewong: can you both review https://github.com/mozilla-services/go-bouncer/pull/175
(In reply to Jeremy Orem [:oremj] from comment #9) > nthomas, ewong: can you both review > https://github.com/mozilla-services/go-bouncer/pull/175 done.
The PR lgtm.
:oremj, would you happen to have merged the PR to production (or whatever the right terminology is)?
No, I plan on doing a deploy next week.