Stop resetting border properties for the translation info bar's buttons and menulists

RESOLVED FIXED in Firefox 59

Status

()

P3
normal
RESOLVED FIXED
10 months ago
10 months ago

People

(Reporter: dao, Assigned: ashish1500616, Mentored)

Tracking

({good-first-bug})

Trunk
Firefox 59
good-first-bug
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(firefox59 fixed)

Details

(Whiteboard: [lang=css])

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

10 months ago
These are unnecessary since our buttons and menulists don't have a default border anymore:

https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/88439dc6c5b02e167032374071cdc697a056efa1/browser/themes/shared/translation/infobar.inc.css#36-40
(Reporter)

Updated

10 months ago
status-firefox59: affected → ---
Priority: -- → P3
(Assignee)

Comment 1

10 months ago
Hello, I would like to work on this bug, I am new to organization please help me get started.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

10 months ago
(In reply to Ashish Verma [:ashish1500616] from comment #1)
> Hello, I would like to work on this bug, I am new to organization please
> help me get started.

Have you built Firefox yet?
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_Firefox_build

Have you read the documentation on how to submit patches?
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/How_to_Submit_a_Patch
Flags: needinfo?(ashish1500616)
(Assignee)

Comment 3

10 months ago
(In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #2)
> (In reply to Ashish Verma [:ashish1500616] from comment #1)
> > Hello, I would like to work on this bug, I am new to organization please
> > help me get started.
> 
> Have you built Firefox yet?
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/
> Build_Instructions/Simple_Firefox_build
> 
> Have you read the documentation on how to submit patches?
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/
> How_to_Submit_a_Patch

No, I am building it ri8 now , which version should I choose Firefox for Desktop Artifact Mode or Firefox for Desktop
Flags: needinfo?(ashish1500616)
(Reporter)

Comment 4

10 months ago
(In reply to Ashish Verma [:ashish1500616] from comment #3)
> No, I am building it ri8 now , which version should I choose Firefox for
> Desktop Artifact Mode or Firefox for Desktop

Artifact mode is sufficient for front-end bugs like this one, and it builds much faster!
(Assignee)

Comment 5

10 months ago
(In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #4)
> (In reply to Ashish Verma [:ashish1500616] from comment #3)
> > No, I am building it ri8 now, which version should I choose Firefox for
> > Desktop Artifact Mode or Firefox for Desktop
> 
> Artifact mode is sufficient for front-end bugs like this one, and it builds
> much faster!

Hello, I have successfully built firefox on my machine what should be the next step.
(Reporter)

Comment 6

10 months ago
Next you should open browser/themes/shared/translation/infobar.inc.css in the editor of your choice and find the lines I linked to in comment 0.
(Assignee)

Comment 7

10 months ago
(In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #6)
> Next you should open browser/themes/shared/translation/infobar.inc.css in
> the editor of your choice and find the lines I linked to in comment 0.

Should I comment or completely delete these lines ie from line no 36 to line no 40.
(Reporter)

Comment 8

10 months ago
(In reply to Ashish Verma [:ashish1500616] from comment #7)
> (In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #6)
> > Next you should open browser/themes/shared/translation/infobar.inc.css in
> > the editor of your choice and find the lines I linked to in comment 0.
> 
> Should I comment or completely delete these lines ie from line no 36 to line
> no 40.

Please delete them.
(Assignee)

Comment 9

10 months ago
(In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #8)
> (In reply to Ashish Verma [:ashish1500616] from comment #7)
> > (In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #6)
> > > Next you should open browser/themes/shared/translation/infobar.inc.css in
> > > the editor of your choice and find the lines I linked to in comment 0.
> > 
> > Should I comment or completely delete these lines ie from line no 36 to line
> > no 40.
> 
> Please delete them.

And then I will have to submit a patch for review.?
(Reporter)

Comment 10

10 months ago
Yes :)
(Assignee)

Comment 11

10 months ago
(In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #10)
> Yes :)

Hello Dao,
When I am trying to push
I am getting this error 

pushing to https://reviewboard-hg.mozilla.org/autoreview
searching for appropriate review repository
redirecting push to https://reviewboard-hg.mozilla.org/gecko
abort: you must set mozilla.ircnick in your hgrc config file to your IRC nickname in order to perform code reviews.

I have added this to hgrc file.
[mozilla]
ircnick = mynick
(Reporter)

Comment 12

10 months ago
Where is your hgrc file saved?
(Assignee)

Comment 13

10 months ago
(In reply to Ashish Verma [:ashish1500616] from comment #11)
> (In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #10)
> > Yes :)
> 
> Hello Dao,
> When I am trying to push
> I am getting this error 
> 
> pushing to https://reviewboard-hg.mozilla.org/autoreview
> searching for appropriate review repository
> redirecting push to https://reviewboard-hg.mozilla.org/gecko
> abort: you must set mozilla.ircnick in your hgrc config file to your IRC
> nickname in order to perform code reviews.
> 
> I have added this to hgrc file.
> [mozilla]
> ircnick = mynick

Now there is a different error

root@ashishverma:/media/ashishverma/mozilla-central# hg push review
pushing to https://reviewboard-hg.mozilla.org/autoreview
searching for appropriate review repository
redirecting push to https://reviewboard-hg.mozilla.org/gecko
(ignoring public changeset c4e4613dbe32 in review request)
abort: no non-public changesets left to review
(add or change the -r argument to include draft changesets)
(Reporter)

Comment 14

10 months ago
Did you commit something before pushing?
(Assignee)

Comment 15

10 months ago
No I dont think so,How to reset this ?
(Reporter)

Comment 16

10 months ago
You need to run hg commit like this:

hg commit -m "Bug 1429716 - Stop resetting border properties for the translation info bar's buttons and menulists. r=dao"
Comment hidden (mozreview-request)
(Reporter)

Comment 18

10 months ago
mozreview-review
Comment on attachment 8942233 [details]
Bug 1429716 -Stop resetting border properties for the translation info bar's buttons and menulists.

https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/212520/#review218220

Looks good, thanks!
Attachment #8942233 - Flags: review?(dao+bmo) → review+
(Reporter)

Updated

10 months ago
Assignee: nobody → ashish1500616
(Assignee)

Comment 19

10 months ago
(In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #16)
> You need to run hg commit like this:
> 
> hg commit -m "Bug 1429716 - Stop resetting border properties for the
> translation info bar's buttons and menulists. r=dao"

Hello Dao I have pushed the commits.Now what should I do?
(Assignee)

Comment 20

10 months ago
mozreview-review-reply
Comment on attachment 8942233 [details]
Bug 1429716 -Stop resetting border properties for the translation info bar's buttons and menulists.

https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/212520/#review218220

What should I do now?
(Reporter)

Comment 21

10 months ago
(In reply to Ashish Verma [:ashish1500616] from comment #19)
> (In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #16)
> > You need to run hg commit like this:
> > 
> > hg commit -m "Bug 1429716 - Stop resetting border properties for the
> > translation info bar's buttons and menulists. r=dao"
> 
> Hello Dao I have pushed the commits.Now what should I do?

I already reviewed your patch, and will push it to autoland repository shortly. Nothing else left to do if all goes well.

Comment 22

10 months ago
Pushed by dgottwald@mozilla.com:
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/785f0ff257ce
Stop resetting border properties for the translation info bar's buttons and menulists.r=dao

Comment 23

10 months ago
bugherder
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/785f0ff257ce
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 months ago
status-firefox59: --- → fixed
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 59
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.