The way we do currently use strings in about:net/certerror is just atrocious. We put all of them in a .dtd and inject them into hidden elements on the page to copy the correct string over into a visible element using .innerHTML. This solution was acceptable for a long time since we lacked a good alternative, but with Fluent coming to untrusted content pages I would really like to end the suffering and use that instead.
One caveat, though: We should only do this after we have completed the work in bug 1463693 and the error pages are un-forked again.
Depends on: 1463693
Assignee: nickcowles9575 → nobody
No longer blocks: 1517304
Mentor: gijskruitbosch+bugs, jaws
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.