moveTabsToStart and moveTabsToEnd should use 'this' instead of 'gBrowser'

RESOLVED FIXED in Firefox 65

Status

()

P3
normal
RESOLVED FIXED
26 days ago
20 days ago

People

(Reporter: dao, Assigned: vineethchinmay12345, Mentored)

Tracking

({good-first-bug})

Trunk
Firefox 65
good-first-bug
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(firefox65 fixed)

Details

(Whiteboard: [lang=js])

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

26 days ago
These methods belong to the gBrowser object. They should use 'this' instead of 'gBrowser':

https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/3d989d097fa35afe19e814c6d5bc2f2bf10867e1/browser/base/content/tabbrowser.js#2561,2574
(Reporter)

Updated

25 days ago
Mentor: dao+bmo

Comment 1

25 days ago
Hi,
I'm interested in making the changes.
Can you help me by telling me the initial procedure to setup?
Flags: needinfo?(dao+bmo)
(Reporter)

Comment 2

24 days ago
(In reply to A Abhilash [:abhi] from comment #1)
> Hi,
> I'm interested in making the changes.
> Can you help me by telling me the initial procedure to setup?

Have you already read https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Source_Code or some similar guide?
Flags: needinfo?(dao+bmo)

Comment 3

24 days ago
> Have you already read
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Source_Code
> or some similar guide?

No, I haven't gone through the developer doc for setting up the source code in local env.
Do you suggest me to look into this in order to get started?
(Reporter)

Comment 4

24 days ago
Yeah, I think that would be a good start. Let me know if you have questions.
(Assignee)

Comment 5

21 days ago
Hi,
I would like to make these changes. Setup the codebase on my local machine (was able to build and run the code). Just need some guidance for pushing these changes.
(Reporter)

Comment 6

21 days ago
(In reply to Vineeth Karra from comment #5)
> Hi,
> I would like to make these changes. Setup the codebase on my local machine
> (was able to build and run the code). Just need some guidance for pushing
> these changes.

Please see https://moz-conduit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/phabricator-user.html#submitting-patches
(Assignee)

Comment 7

21 days ago
Created attachment 9019007 [details]
Bug 1499661 - use 'this' instead of 'gBrowser' in moveTabsToStart and moveTabsToEnd, r?dao
(Assignee)

Comment 8

21 days ago
(In reply to Dão Gottwald [::dao] from comment #6)
> (In reply to Vineeth Karra from comment #5)
> > Hi,
> > I would like to make these changes. Setup the codebase on my local machine
> > (was able to build and run the code). Just need some guidance for pushing
> > these changes.
> 
> Please see
> https://moz-conduit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/phabricator-user.
> html#submitting-patches

did use phabricator to create a code review and added you to it. could you see that and tell me what else i need to do.

Updated

21 days ago
Attachment #9019007 - Attachment description: moveTabsToStart and moveTabsToEnd changes. → Bug 1499661 - use 'this' instead of 'gBrowser' in moveTabsToStart and moveTabsToEnd, r?dao
(Reporter)

Updated

21 days ago
Assignee: nobody → vineethchinmay12345

Comment 9

21 days ago
Pushed by dgottwald@mozilla.com:
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/e9ce17673999
use 'this' instead of 'gBrowser' in moveTabsToStart and moveTabsToEnd, r=dao
Backed out for missing bugzilla component for phabtest.

backout: https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/e7d0ae555a8d4cf6068f84648253fafffe9bf498

push with failure: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=autoland&revision=e9ce17673999128f9d5874ce6240b14fd63ffcc6&searchStr=linting%2Copt%2Csource-test-file-metadata-bugzilla-components%2C%28bugzilla%29

failure log: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/logviewer.html#?job_id=206972977&repo=autoland&lineNumber=258

[task 2018-10-22T13:15:42.822Z] executing ['bash', '-cx', 'cd /builds/worker/checkouts/gecko && ./mach file-info bugzilla-automation /builds/worker/artifacts\n']
[task 2018-10-22T13:15:42.829Z] + cd /builds/worker/checkouts/gecko
[task 2018-10-22T13:15:42.830Z] + ./mach file-info bugzilla-automation /builds/worker/artifacts
[task 2018-10-22T13:16:36.560Z] WARNING: Not a supported OS_TARGET for NSPR in moz.build: "". Use --with-system-nspr
[task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Missing Bugzilla component: PHABTEST
[task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Examined 257559 files
[task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing /builds/worker/artifacts/components.json
[task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing /builds/worker/artifacts/missing.json
[task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing /builds/worker/artifacts/components-normalized.json
[task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing /builds/worker/artifacts/components.json.gz
[task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing /builds/worker/artifacts/components-normalized.json.gz
[task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing /builds/worker/artifacts/missing.json.gz
[taskcluster 2018-10-22 13:33:09.616Z] === Task Finished ===
[taskcluster 2018-10-22 13:33:16.476Z] Unsuccessful task run with exit code: 1 completed in 1335.753 seconds
Flags: needinfo?(vineethchinmay12345)
(Assignee)

Comment 11

21 days ago
(In reply to Natalia Csoregi [:nataliaCs] from comment #10)
> Backed out for missing bugzilla component for phabtest.
> 
> backout:
> https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/
> e7d0ae555a8d4cf6068f84648253fafffe9bf498
> 
> push with failure:
> https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/
> jobs?repo=autoland&revision=e9ce17673999128f9d5874ce6240b14fd63ffcc6&searchSt
> r=linting%2Copt%2Csource-test-file-metadata-bugzilla-
> components%2C%28bugzilla%29
> 
> failure log:
> https://treeherder.mozilla.org/logviewer.
> html#?job_id=206972977&repo=autoland&lineNumber=258
> 
> [task 2018-10-22T13:15:42.822Z] executing ['bash', '-cx', 'cd
> /builds/worker/checkouts/gecko && ./mach file-info bugzilla-automation
> /builds/worker/artifacts\n']
> [task 2018-10-22T13:15:42.829Z] + cd /builds/worker/checkouts/gecko
> [task 2018-10-22T13:15:42.830Z] + ./mach file-info bugzilla-automation
> /builds/worker/artifacts
> [task 2018-10-22T13:16:36.560Z] WARNING: Not a supported OS_TARGET for NSPR
> in moz.build: "". Use --with-system-nspr
> [task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Missing Bugzilla component: PHABTEST
> [task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Examined 257559 files
> [task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing
> /builds/worker/artifacts/components.json
> [task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing /builds/worker/artifacts/missing.json
> [task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing
> /builds/worker/artifacts/components-normalized.json
> [task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing
> /builds/worker/artifacts/components.json.gz
> [task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing
> /builds/worker/artifacts/components-normalized.json.gz
> [task 2018-10-22T13:33:06.823Z] Writing
> /builds/worker/artifacts/missing.json.gz
> [taskcluster 2018-10-22 13:33:09.616Z] === Task Finished ===
> [taskcluster 2018-10-22 13:33:16.476Z] Unsuccessful task run with exit code:
> 1 completed in 1335.753 seconds

I know the problem. Need to delete an unnecessary file which was added by mistake. Tried to commit again by deleting the file but the revision was closed. So couldn't push my changes.
Flags: needinfo?(vineethchinmay12345)

Comment 12

20 days ago
Pushed by dgottwald@mozilla.com:
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/02067918a4d8
use 'this' instead of 'gBrowser' in moveTabsToStart and moveTabsToEnd, r=dao

Comment 13

20 days ago
bugherder
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/02067918a4d8
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 20 days ago
status-firefox65: --- → fixed
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 65
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.