Closed Bug 15285 Opened 21 years ago Closed 21 years ago

[PP]File Op: DirCreate fails to create directory on Linux

Categories

(Core Graveyard :: Installer: XPInstall Engine, defect, P3)

All
Windows NT
defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

VERIFIED DUPLICATE of bug 15709

People

(Reporter: jimmykenlee, Assigned: ssu0262)

Details

Build: 9/29/99 SeaMonkey build

1. From http://jimbob/trigger2.html, trigger
   http://jimbob/jars/a_fileop_dircreate.xpi

Install.StartInstall("Acceptance: a_fileop_dircreate", "acceptance", "1.1.1.1",
0);
f = Install.GetFolder("Program");
err = Install.DirCreate(f + "a_fileop_dircreate");
Install.LogComment("DirCreate returns = " + err);

RESULT:
The directory is not created.  The Install.log shows the following:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://jimbob/jars/a_fileop_dircreate.xpi     --     09/30/1999  11:21:35
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Acceptance: a_fileop_dircreate
     ------------------------------

     ** DirCreate returns = 0
     Item [1/1]	Create Folder:
                         /u/jimmylee/linux60/sep_29/packagea_fileop_dircreate
     Install completed successfully
     Finished Installation  09/30/1999 11:21:36

EXPECTED RESULT:
The directory is created at
/u/jimmylee/linux60/sep_29/package/a_fileop_dircreate
Assignee: cathleen → ssu
Target Milestone: M11
OS: Linux → Windows NT
Hardware: Other → All
***Correction

After talking to Sean about this problem, we determined that Linux is doing the
correct thing, and the bug is really with Windows and Macintosh.

From my install script described above, the line:
err = Install.DirCreate(f + "a_fileop_dircreate");

is different from:
err = Install.DirCreate(f + "/a_fileop_dircreate");

http://jimbob/jars/a_fileop_dircreate2.xpi uses
err = Install.DirCreate(f + "/a_fileop_dircreate");

The new EXPECTED RESULT:
Macintosh and Windows should not create a new subdirectory, a_fileop_dircreate.
Instead, the directory should be packagea_fileop_dircreate.

Triggering a_fileop_dircreate2.xpi creates the following:

For WinNT--the directory, a_fileop_dircreate2, is created.  The Install.log
shows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://jimbob/jars/a_fileop_dircreate2.xpi     --     10/04/1999 16:42:24
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Acceptance: a_fileop_dircreate2
     -------------------------------

     ** DirCreate returns = 0
     Item [1/1]	Create Folder: C:\Program
Files\moz104\x86rel\a_fileop_dircreate2

     Install completed successfully
     Finished Installation  10/04/1999 16:42:25

For Win98----the directory, a_fileop_dircreate2, is created.  An extra backslash
appears in the pathname in the log file.  The Install.log shows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://jimbob/jars/a_fileop_dircreate2.xpi     --     10/04/1999 16:42:24
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Acceptance: a_fileop_dircreate2
     -------------------------------

     ** DirCreate returns = 0
     Item [1/1]	Create Folder: C:\Program
Files\moz104\x86rel\\a_fileop_dircreate2

     Install completed successfully
     Finished Installation  10/04/1999 16:42:25

For Macintosh--the directory, /a_fileop_dircreate2, is created.  The Install.log
shows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://jimbob/jars/a_fileop_dircreate2.xpi     --     10/04/1999 6:35:09
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Acceptance: a_fileop_dircreate2
     -------------------------------

     ** DirCreate returns = 0
     Item [1/1]	Create Folder:
Webbies:moz104:mozilla-mac-M11:/a_fileop_dircreate2

     Install completed successfully
     Finished Installation  10/04/1999 16:35:12

For Linux, the expected behavior occurs.
***Correction Part Deux

Ok, now I take back everything I wrote on 10/4/99.  The problem really is as I
described originally on 9/30/99.  The problem really is with GetFolder() which
does not return a "/" at the end of the path.  I'm going to write a bug
specifically addressing GetFolder().
This bug is essentially a dupe of Bug 15709 which more accurately isolates the
problem to GetFolder.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 21 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 15709 ***
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Build 1999-10-27-09-M11(WIN), 1999-10-27-08-M11(MAC), 1999-10-27-08-M11(LINUX)

Looks good.
Bulk move of XPInstall (component to be deleted) bugs to Installer: XPInstall
Engine
Product: Core → Core Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.