From bug 1517546 comment 6:
Hi, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not able to import a module in a webextension content script via the dynamic import. I also tried this version which works in chrome: https://github.com/otiai10/chrome-extension-es6-import
By trying it myself I got the following errors:
Error: TelemetryStopwatch: key "WEBEXT_CONTENT_SCRIPT_INJECTION_MS" was already initialized ExtensionTelemetry.jsm:106:31
Error: TelemetryStopwatch: key "WEBEXT_CONTENT_SCRIPT_INJECTION_MS_BY_ADDONID" was already initialized ExtensionTelemetry.jsm:110:41
Error: TelemetryStopwatch: requesting elapsed time for nonexisting stopwatch. Histogram: "WEBEXT_CONTENT_SCRIPT_INJECTION_MS", key: "" ExtensionTelemetry.jsm:106:31
Error: TelemetryStopwatch: requesting elapsed time for nonexisting stopwatch. Histogram: "WEBEXT_CONTENT_SCRIPT_INJECTION_MS_BY_ADDONID"
However the provided add-on above does not produce any errors, but still doesn't log anything to the console.