Closed Bug 1544763 Opened 8 months ago Closed 8 months ago

During configure with 10.13 SDK: fatal error: 'IOKit/IOReturn.h' file not found

Categories

(Firefox Build System :: General, defect)

defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED WONTFIX

People

(Reporter: standard8, Unassigned)

References

Details

I've attempted to downgrade to 10.13 SDK as suggested by the current configure scripts (xref bug 1544418).

After doing a clobber, and trying to build, the configure step fails with:

 0:19.43 checking for CoreMedia/CoreMedia.h... no
 0:19.43 configure: error: MacOS X 10.9 SDK or later is required
 0:19.45 DEBUG: <truncated - see config.log for full output>
 0:19.45 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMedia.framework/Headers/CMFormatDescription.h:30:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Headers/CoreVideo.h:25:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Headers/CVDisplayLink.h:23:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Headers/ApplicationServices.h:23:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:23:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/AE.framework/Headers/AE.h:20:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/CarbonCore.h:87:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/Components.h:26:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/Files.h:56:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Headers/DADisk.h:28:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: In file included from /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/IOKitLib.h:49:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: /Users/mark/dev/MacOSX10.13.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Headers/IOTypes.h:38:10: fatal error: 'IOKit/IOReturn.h' file not found
 0:19.46 DEBUG: #include <IOKit/IOReturn.h>
 0:19.46 DEBUG:          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 0:19.46 DEBUG: 1 error generated.
 0:19.46 DEBUG: configure: failed program was:
 0:19.46 DEBUG: #line 9725 "configure"
 0:19.46 DEBUG: #include "confdefs.h"
 0:19.46 DEBUG: #include <CoreMedia/CoreMedia.h>
 0:19.46 DEBUG: configure: error: MacOS X 10.9 SDK or later is required
 0:19.46 ERROR: old-configure failed
 0:19.50 *** Fix above errors and then restart with               "./mach build"

I'm seeing this too. Are we maybe missing some sort of search path setting?

The SDK version check that was potentially affecting compilation on various supported SDKs was backed out in bug 1544418 - does your tree include those patches? If not, can you try updating and see if it still happens?

Ok, bringing my branch up to date with central and using the 10.14 SDK seems to have fixed it for me.

Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 months ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 1544418

Strictly speaking, I don't think this is a duplicate. This is a specific issue with building nightly with the 10.13 SDK. However, since I doubt this will get fixed as everyone is either using 10.11 or 10.14, I guess it can stay closed as its unlikely to get fixed.

Resolution: DUPLICATE → WONTFIX

For the record, I ran into this problem too, when I used the prepacked 10.13 SDK tarball from https://github.com/phracker/MacOSX-SDKs/releases/tag/10.13. The problem is that the tarball has busted symlinks. The phracker/MacOSX-SDKs repository itself has been updated to fix the symlinks, so if you clone the repo and use the SDK from there it should work. But the releases tarballs are stale and still have the broken symlinks.

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.