Comment on attachment 9077649 [details]
Bug 1565518, emergency preferences to turn off individual bug fixes: 1563695, 1556491, 1562315, r=kershaw!
Beta/Release Uplift Approval Request
- User impact if declined: Gives us a possibility to flip off individual changes (restore previous state) we want to uplift to release in case of major problems found during dogfooding/field testing/release.
- Is this code covered by automated tests?: No
- Has the fix been verified in Nightly?: Yes
- Needs manual test from QE?: No
- If yes, steps to reproduce: There are currently 4 bool preferences, giving combo of 16 possible configurations. Doing testing of all of them is excessive and not necessary.
Local testing on each of the pref was made.
- List of other uplifts needed: Bug 1563695, Bug 1556491, Bug 1562315
- Risk to taking this patch: Low
- Why is the change risky/not risky? (and alternatives if risky): Extremely low risk, this is nothing more then branching of code the way as it was before each individual patch based on a pref flip (read of atomic bool values). Note that this copies the pattern from bug 1563538, which is on Nightly/Beta since Jul 7.
- String changes made/needed: none