Comment on attachment 9093637 [details]
Bug 1579480 - uplift newtab DS cards not removing idle callback
Beta/Release Uplift Approval Request
- User impact if declined: Potential memory leak, but otherwise an error message.
- Is this code covered by automated tests?: Yes
- Has the fix been verified in Nightly?: Yes
- Needs manual test from QE?: Yes
- If yes, steps to reproduce: Managed to get better steps to test.
browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.debug to true
- Open a new tab
- Open about:config
browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.discoverystream.enabled on and off, a few times.
- Check console.
Expected, no errors about setState on unmounted dscard. "Warning: Can't perform a React state update on an unmounted component. This is a no-op, but it indicates a memory leak in your application. To fix, cancel all subscriptions and asynchronous tasks in the componentWillUnmount method."
- List of other uplifts needed: None
- Risk to taking this patch: Low
- Why is the change risky/not risky? (and alternatives if risky): Verified on nightly, small change, and has unit tests.
- String changes made/needed: none