- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- macOS Catalina 10.15
Make sure to open the temp folder of each specific OS in order to see the issue occuring.
[Steps to reproduce]:
- Go to AMO and access any add-on page
- Click on the “+Add to Firefox” button to install the add-on
- Notice that in the temp folder a tmp*.xpi file will be created
- On the add-on install doorhanger choose “Cancel” to abort the installation processe
- Notice that in the temp folder, the tmp*.xpi file created earlier will not be deleted
Interrupting the AMO install process of add-ons should still delete temporary .xpi files from the temp folder.
Temporary .xpi files created during the add-on AMO installation are not deleted when canceling the install.
In the attached video you can see that the second tmp.xpi will disappear as a result of me completing the add-on installation, however, the first tmp.xpi will remain as I canceled the installation.