+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1612055 +++
Originally reported by Jean-Philippe MENGUAL, bug 1612055, comment 0, against TB 74.
I have moved the accessibility aspect to this bug.
Steps to reproduce:
- All iconic colums are now bundled on the left side of thread pane / message list (bug 1612055), including "Junk Status" column (aka spam).
- Orca screen reader says "unread 0 object etc" or "unread 100 object etc". 0 or 100 are the spam score (observed by Alex ARNAUD, bug 1612055, comment 1).
- the spam score is a pain for a blind people, because the voice speaks it, but the average user has no idea what this number is about.
- Improve the screen reader experience of spam column (this bug): It must communicate what it is about (current junk status of message), and what you can do there (change the junk status). Guess that needs aria-label attributes. Exact wording to be worked out.
- Decide if spam score should be part of this column, and if yes, please communicate that to all users including those without screen readers (e.g. via tooltip). Otherwise, I think screen readers should just tell if the message is currently classified as Junk or not, which is the information currently available in the UI for users without screen readers.
- Fix bug 1612055 (restore traditional default order of columns).
- Fix bug 1622255 (preserve custom column order/layout).