Closed Bug 1778963 Opened 1 month ago Closed 1 month ago

Uncaught Exception { name: "NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE", message: "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIMsgDBView.open]"

Categories

(Thunderbird :: Folder and Message Lists, defect)

Thunderbird 102
x86_64
macOS
defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED INVALID

People

(Reporter: TheOne, Unassigned)

References

(Blocks 1 open bug)

Details

I'm still seeing the symptoms of corrupted msf files in 102.0.1.

I had noticed that message list columns were disappearing, so I quit Tb and deleted all msf files. After a restart and all messages having been re-downloaded, I noticed that when using "Unified Folders" and switching to Junk or Sent, the message list does not update at all. Switching back and forth between unified folders sometimes causes an endless list of empty rows to appear.

I also noticed the following error in the console:

Uncaught Exception { name: "NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE", message: "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIMsgDBView.open]", result: 2147942487, filename: "resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm", lineNumber: 1113, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: "_createView@resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm:1113:14\n_applyViewChanges@resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm:1463:24\n_enterFolder@resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm:1202:10\nopen@resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm:821:12\nshow@chrome://messenger/content/folderDisplay.js:849:19\nFolderPaneSelectionChange@chrome://messenger/content/commandglue.js:368:18\nonselect@chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xhtml:1:1\nMozTreeChildren/<@chrome://global/content/elements/tree.js:69:28\n", location: XPCWrappedNative_NoHelper }
​
columnNumber: 0
​
data: null
​
filename: "resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm"
​
lineNumber: 1113
​
location: XPCWrappedNative_NoHelper { QueryInterface: QueryInterface(), filename: Getter, name: Getter, … }
​
message: "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIMsgDBView.open]"
​
name: "NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE"
​
result: 2147942487
​
stack: "_createView@resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm:1113:14\n_applyViewChanges@resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm:1463:24\n_enterFolder@resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm:1202:10\nopen@resource:///modules/DBViewWrapper.jsm:821:12\nshow@chrome://messenger/content/folderDisplay.js:849:19\nFolderPaneSelectionChange@chrome://messenger/content/commandglue.js:368:18\nonselect@chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xhtml:1:1\nMozTreeChildren/<@chrome://global/content/elements/tree.js:69:28\n"
​
<prototype>: ExceptionPrototype { toString: toString(), name: Getter, message: Getter, … }
DBViewWrapper.jsm:1113

2022-07-11_1317_mass-mark-TB102found

Blocks: tb102found

This might have been a false alarm. I might have had missed to delete the msf files for the smart folders (which are in Mail vs ImapMail).

Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 1 month ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.