I can't remember exactly why, but I believed I needed this for the component to behave as expected in Firefox and Storybook. I tested removing the attribute today, thanks to :mossop: for calling this out, and the component still works as expected when the
data-l10n-id is changed.
Because of the previous, we should remove the
data-l10n-id from the
observedAttributes() function for the
To help Mozilla out with this bug, here's the steps:
- Comment here on the bug that you want to volunteer to help.
This will tell others that you're working on the next steps.
- Download and build the Firefox source code
- If you have any problems, please ask on Element/Matrix in the
#introduction channel. They're there to help you get started.
- You can also read the Developer Guide, which has answers to most development questions.
- Start working on this bug.
- You will need to remove the "data-l10n-id" from the array in the observedAttribute() function in the
- If you have any problems with this bug, please comment on this bug and set the needinfo flag for me. Also, you can find me and my teammates on the
#fx-desktop-dev channel on Element/Matrix most hours of most days.
- Check your changes for adherence to our style guidelines by using
- Submit the patch (including an automated test, if applicable) for review. Mark me as a reviewer so I'll get an email to come look at your code.
- After a series of reviews and changes to your patch, I'll mark it for checkin or push it to autoland.