Closed Bug 210676 Opened 17 years ago Closed 10 years ago
Editing existing selection list deletes it (using Debug/Form/Selection List)
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030623 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030623 Attempting to edit an existing selection list box on a form deletes it. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. In composer, select an existing selection list box in a form 2. Menu Debug/Form/SelectionList. The dialog box appears 3. make any change, such as adding another selection 4. Click OK Actual Results: The entire Selecion List is deleted from the page Expected Results: Composer should save the changes made. I realize this is on the Debug menu because it's not ready for prime time. Fortunately, UNDO undoes the damage.
Assignee: composer → neil.parkwaycc.co.uk
No problem with an existing empty list, so the bug is in the code that deletes items from the old list so that the new ones may be added. while (selectElement.lastChild) editor.deleteNode(selectElement.lastChild); Is the editor being overenthusiastic?
Hmmm... <select> has a style of -moz-user-select: all; on it, so editor won't let me delete inside it :-(
Hmm... would putting selectall on the option and optgroups work?
Comment on attachment 126563 [details] [diff] [review] Ugly hack :-( r=brade
Attachment #126563 - Flags: review+
Attachment #126563 - Flags: superreview?(alecf)
Hmm... this is worse than it looks, it affects textareas and labels too :-(
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but has been without a comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project. This means that it was logged against the old Mozilla suite and we cannot determine that it's still valid for the current SeaMonkey suite. Because of this, we are setting it to an UNCONFIRMED state. If you can confirm that this report still applies to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it back to the NEW state along with a comment on how you reproduced it on what Build ID, or if it's an enhancement request, why it's still worth implementing and in what way. If you can confirm that the report doesn't apply to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it to the appropriate RESOLVED state (WORKSFORME, INVALID, WONTFIX, or similar). If no action happens within the next few months, we move this bug report to an EXPIRED state. Query tag for this change: mass-UNCONFIRM-20090614
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but still has no comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project 5 years ago. Because of this, we're resolving the bug as EXPIRED. If you still can reproduce the bug on SeaMonkey 2 or otherwise think it's still valid, please REOPEN it and if it is a platform or toolkit issue, move it to the according component. Query tag for this change: EXPIRED-20100420
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Closed: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
This looks as if it was fixed by bug 769967.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.