32.90 KB, text/html
22.50 KB, application/octet-stream
Sample output printing the testcase (attachment 128091) using Mozilla 2003-07-09-08-trunk_cvs (build with --enable-ctl) and Xprt "ancalagon" 009 prototype (DIN-A4, 300DPI) - seems to print OK
209.62 KB, application/postscript
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030714 Debian/1.4-2 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030714 Debian/1.4-2 Thai places symbols above standard letters (I'll call them diacriticals, similar to the European umlaut or circumflex). Mozilla (1.4) renders them correctly on screen, but when the page (e.g. www.dailynews.co.th) is printed using Xprint, the diacriticals appear next to the base letter, not above it where they should be. Note that Bug #127661 is related to similar Thai issues, but not in printing. I would hazard a guess the same problem affects other complex layout languages like Arabic, Hebrew or Hindi. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Go to www.dailynews.co.th 2. Print page using Xprint 3. Compare layout of text on printed page to text on screen. Actual Results: Diacritical symbols placed next to the base letter. Expected Results: Diacritical symbols should appear above the base letter.
drew: Can you... 1. ... make a testcase 2. ... attach a sample print job, printing the testcase from  ... and finally: Which Xprint server version are you using ?
Here's a snapshot from www.dailynews.co.th (without the pictures) and also the postscript generated from it on my system. I used mozilla 1.4 and the Ancalagon 0.0.9 test release of Xprint (rpm). I can test it again on my proper deb package if you think it might make a difference. By the way, the print preview looks fine (same as screen), it's only the postscript output that goes wrong.
Comment on attachment 128092 [details] Gzip'ed Postscript output from test page Drew: I see the problem in your PostScript output... but I cannot reproduce it on my side... maybe because all builds I have are build with --enable-ctl ("enable Complex Text Layout" - which is AFAIK a requirement to render Thai correctly). So the question is: Was your build compiled with --enable-ctl or not (see about:buildconfig in Mozilla) ?
Swapping Owner <---> QA to get this on my radar... ... and confirming per sample output in attachment 128092 [details] ...
Created attachment 128468 [details] Sample output printing the testcase (attachment 128091 [details]) using Mozilla 2003-07-09-08-trunk_cvs (build with --enable-ctl) and Xprt "ancalagon" 009 prototype (DIN-A4, 300DPI) - seems to print OK
I guess you're right. about:buildconfig shows: --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --localstatedir=/var --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/mozilla --disable-debug --disable-tests --disable-short-wchar --enable-xprint --enable-strip-libs --enable-crypto --enable-mathml --enable-oji --enable-extensions=all --enable-ldap --with-system-zlib --enable-freetype2 --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --enable-svg --without-system-mng --without-system-png --disable-xft No --enable-ctl. I'll bug the maintainer about it.
Offtopic: There is now a Linux/x86 "calendar-enabled" build for Linux/x86 available under http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.5a/mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-ctl-svg-1.5a.tar.gz
Thai diacriticals are placed correctly now (Firefox 1.0, Xprint 0.1.0.alpha1). The font looks too small, mind you, but that's a different matter (and is already reported elsewhere I think).
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
WORKSFORME per comment 10