User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) Build Identifier: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.3 (20031013) When I select 1 or more messages in my inbox and move them to my 'Read' folder (which I created), it takes up to 30 seconds to actually complete. The program acts as if it has frozen at this point until the move is completed when the program runs fine again. This did not occur when I installed fresh but I have imported several thousand messages in from Outlook. The 'Read' folder I'm moving to has over 8500 messages in it. However, moving a message from the inbox of another account to the 'Read' folder reproduces the problem even though this folder has about 820 messages in it. But, if I move a message from the Inbox of another account to its 'Read' folder (with no messages in it), the move is done with no delay. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Select 1 more more messages in the inbox 2. Right click and select Move Actual Results: As described in the 'Details' field Expected Results: Move almost instantly or at least within a secon. Seems to slow down when large numbers of messages are involved.
I am also expericing same problem with Mozilla trunk these several weeks and still occurs on Mozilla 2003102804-trunk/Win-Me. Mozilla freezes for a while when ; (a) mails arrived(POP3) (b) and some mails are moved to folder by mail filter (c) and clicked the folder just after notification of mail arrival ".msf" recreation on folder open after move mail?
Bug 218477 is probably same bug for Mozilla Mail&News.
This is still in the current version of TB: version 0.6 (20040502)
how big is the read.msf file?
To counter this problem, I created a sub folder of the 'Read' folder called 'Archives' and periodically, I move all my messages into it, then compact both folder. This means the 'Read' directory has no messages in it and so moving mail is instant. In my Profiles\default\fngw9xco.slt\Mail\Read.sbd I have 2 files: Archives - 116,408Kb Archives.msf - 4715Kb This is my largest mailbox which has 13447 messages in it.
My case (Comment #1) was found to be caused by my setting of WinAMP as player of .WAV file. When WinAMP is used, playing .WAV file on mail arrival takes long time(same time as starting WinAMP graphical interface), and this causes almost freeze of requester. I changed player of .WAV file to mplayer2.exe and my problem was resolved.
I don't have WinAMP installed and this isn't a problem when I receive mail - it is moving it around the mailboxes.
This seems to be fixed in version 0.7a (20040614) I just installed.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 15 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.