We should have done this before release, but no use crying over spilt milk. Let's get it done for 1.7.1. (Is there a release checklist somewhere we can add this task to? Asa? Leaf?) Gerv
Assignee: general → gerv
Priority: -- → P1
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla1.7final
Why not just add the UA to the redirect that's already in place for other releases? That means that we have to actually create start/1.7.
As I mentioned in email, and Asa alluded to here, I don't think this is necessary. None of the previous releases ever had the URL changed. We have server-side rewrites based on useragent for all of them.
It's not true that none of the previous releases had it changed - 1.0 did, and I think it may have been done on the 1.4 branch as well. However, this wasn't forgotten for 1.7 - I raised the issue in a newsgroup (well before the release) and got the reply that it was just going to be handled server-side. We do actually need to create the page - that's happening in bug 248664
As Michael says, we have changed it before; I've always regarded the server-side redirect as what we did when we messed up and forgot to change it. However, if we want to make it the standard method, then sure, let's do that. Gerv
Resolving WONTFIX. Gerv
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.