Form POST method fails when the charset is for example iso-8859-7.
By charset I mean the value of:
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-7">
in the <head> </head> section
The problem may reside in the renderer because the page is displayed
instantly in 8859-1 encoding and then it is instantly reloaded in the
correct encoding without the post variables posted.
You can find an example there:
Enter something in the box and press submit. The value entered will normally
exist in the box after the submit, but not with mozilla. In my case the box
reappears empty. The problem dissapears if I remove the <meta ...charset=...>
tag from the html.
The php used is elementary. Follow the link to see the source.
This bug also exists in the solaris version, and existed in previous milestones.
The millestone tested is M13
At your disposal for further information,
Reassigning to Warren.
over to ftang.
Frank, It looks like we're not sending the charset back to the server
I suspect this is that fun bug where we're damned-if-we-do or
valeski- No, this is not realted to the sending charset back problem.
The rendering issue is about meta reload. It should be gone now.
>The value entered will normally exist in the box after the submit
This is related to the bug that we currently do not remember form value after
post (see bug 13537) and non ASCII string currupted when they try to remember it
(see bug 29154 22580)
sorry, my early analysis is wrong. The problem is not related to those bug. It
is because we do a meta reload which clean up the setting. If user set the
default charset to ISO-8859-7 then the problme go away. This bug is because we
do a reload when we hit the meta tag. Maybe we should do a "Peek" in the first
block to reduce the chace of reload.
We should consider adding "peeking" code into parser to get charset info to
reduce the need of meta charset reload.
jbetak, can you help to fix this ?
sorry- wrong bug.
Mark this M19. Move the serverity to normal since it only break this test case.
I just got a "complaint" today, and it seems it doesn't only break the test
case, because this guy brought another case, and I think there will be yet many
more forms which will be affected, namely really all which are not with
[raising severity to major]
form posting and charset conversion / handling issue. Reassign to jbetak and cc
reassigning to ftang for resource reallocation
assign untill find new owner for form handling
In my case Mozilla (2000070220) does not POSTs values at all.
Changing method from POST to GET resolves problem, but this
is not right way to solve this problem.
The meta charset reload is the problem here, it doesn't repost form data.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 27006 ***
Updating QA contact.