If you think a bug might affect users in the 57 release, please set the correct tracking and status flags for Release Management.

Tab URL still remains the same switching tabs

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 250423

Status

()

Firefox
Tabbed Browser
--
minor
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 250423
12 years ago
12 years ago

People

(Reporter: Luca Cignoni, Unassigned)

Tracking

1.5.0.x Branch
x86
Windows 2000
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

12 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5

Sometimes the url bar still display an old url.
The problem appear, for example, using google reader. In this moment i have two tabs opened, one whith bugzilla bug report form and one with google reader (with no to read feeds). Closing google reader's tab i have bug report form with reader url.
the option "hide the tab bar when only one web site is open" is disabled.

In addiction, after the problem, the affected tab url still remain "invisible". I cannot (in any manners) see the original site url/title.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
0.Please be sure that "hide the tab bar when only one web site is open" option is disabled. In addiction my firefox start with blank page.
1.Open new firefox's window
2.For the first tab digit "bugzilla.mozilla.org" into url's field
3.Open new tab
4.Now digit "reader.google.com" into url's field for second tab
5.Switch to first tab.

Actual Results:  
Firefox window's title still display "Reader - Mozilla Firefox" and url still remain "http://www.google.com/reader/lens/"

Expected Results:  
I expect that firefox window's title say "mozilla.org Bugzilla" and the url is "https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/"

I'm using windows 2000 professional (italian language) with firefox 1.5 (english language). I'm using "HaikuFox 0.3.5" theme. Currently installed plugins are:
- DOM Inspector 1.8
- Talkback 1.5
- Adblock 0.5.2.056
- GMail Notifier 0.5.3
- Greasemonkey 0.6.2

-------------------------------------------------
the build config
about:buildconfig

Build platform
target
i586-pc-msvc

Build tools
Compiler 	Version 	Compiler flags
$(CYGWIN_WRAPPER) cl 	12.00.8804 	-TC -nologo -W3 -Gy -Fd$(PDBFILE)
$(CYGWIN_WRAPPER) cl 	12.00.8804 	-TP -nologo -W3 -Gy -Fd$(PDBFILE)

Configure arguments
--enable-application=browser --enable-update-channel=release --enable-optimize --disable-debug --disable-tests --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-official-branding --enable-svg --enable-canvas --enable-update-packaging
(Reporter)

Updated

12 years ago
Version: unspecified → 1.5 Branch

Comment 1

12 years ago
Try disabling Greasemonkey 0.6.2.

I'm having similar issues like you are and it appears to be Greasemonkey causing it.  When I disabled Greasemonkey everything started working correctly.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

12 years ago
(In reply to comment #1)
> Try disabling Greasemonkey 0.6.2.
> 
> I'm having similar issues like you are and it appears to be Greasemonkey
> causing it.  When I disabled Greasemonkey everything started working correctly.
> 

Thank you Zach, I disabled greasemonkey and now it works fine. 
It's really greasemonkey plugins that generates the problem.
I uninstalled greasemonkey while i'm waiting its next release.
I update this bug to "minor" priority, because now there is a workaround
Severity: normal → minor

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 250423 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.