If I click on a http link in mail, it loads in the current mail window instead of getting dispatched to the browser. Looks like something broke in the uri loader / docshell recently.
nominating for nsbeta2.
It's working for me in news articles (I haven't set up mail). Could it be a mail-specific thing or something that has since been fixed?
It's actually inconsistent (and I see it for both news and mail). Seems like sometimes we get in a mode where clicking on a url isn't propogating the user click action through the docshell and the uri loader.
Yes, I'm seeing this too. 5/24 win32 build.
Putting on [nsbeta2+] radar for beta2 fix.
*** Bug 41346 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Found it!! Many thanks to akkana for giving me the clue about starting with - mail then bringing up a browser window. The operation of creating a new browser window from the task bar is severely broken!!! Looks like changes by jbetak to tasksOverlay.js are the culprit. With his changes we are creating two separate browser instances when you try to create a new browser window. And the first one causes calls like SetWebShellWindow to be called on the original window which stomps on the docshell parent hierarchy chain. I need to hack on taskOverlay.js. The goodnews is when fix it, not only will we fix this bug but we should make opening new browser windows much faster because we'll be doing half the work....
mscott, sorry to hear that the kludge I put into taskOverlay.js caused you all this trouble. I put it in, when attempting to resolve bug 27646 and it works just fine in the browser window. We are in the process of redesigning the way we propagate the charset menu settings, but wanted to have this fix for Beta2. It never really worked in mail though. I'm attaching a revamped version of tasksOverlay.js, it's closer the finalized state - we are not using the browser instance as our main vehicle anymore. Alternatively, you could also just use "window.openDialog(url, "_blank", "chrome,all,dialog=no", startpage);", but I'm advising against it, since we would like to maintain the language/encoding context for international users when spawning a new browser window as stated in bug 27646.
jbetak: that's all right. I think we can get the both of best worlds. I just submitted a patch to your bug that should do what you want while not breaking uri dispatching either. Plus it simplifies the JS code too. Let me know what you think and I'll check it in.
mscott, looks great - please feel free to check it in...
I checked in the fix to tasksOverlay.js
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
*** Bug 42225 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 42583 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Adding verifyme keyword.
Just tested these steps with Win32 2000-07-18-11 build. Works fine. I get a browser window. Marking Verfified.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.