Including support for proxy settings,
Assignee: enndeakin → db48x
Created attachment 335902 [details] [diff] [review] 436077-1.diff WIP. This patch doesn't match the mockups Madhava just posted (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/UI/Designs/TouchScreen/workingUI#Preferences), so I guess it's not really what we want. On the other hand, the UI in this mockup can be generated dynamically which means it should be less work to implement. We'll still be borrowing a lot of the JS from the existing prefs though, since a lot of them need to run js on syncing to and from the backing store to keep things in order.
Regarding proxy settings -- is this something that the OS can do for us? And I probably should have included "Auto-update ON/OFF" somewhere in there.
We can move passwords, applications and shortcut editing up a level. All three are essentially their own (potentially) long list of things, so putting them inside the prefs window is silly, especially with the design you just posted, Madhava.
Created attachment 337187 [details] [diff] [review] 436077-2.diff 90% done, I think. Of course, the other half of the work is in the last 10%; to disable plugins I have to wander around in rdf-land finding them all, and default applications are similarly complicated. Since I can't get either of those working tonight, I figure I'll post what I've got. It's good enough for A1, at any rate. Clearing private data, on the other hand, does work. It doesn't tell the user that it did anything though.
Comment on attachment 337187 [details] [diff] [review] 436077-2.diff Oh, and a reminder. This patch needs the patch from bug 451025 to work.
Daniel, please see bug 452069 for the new structure of the UI. We should land that bug first, which will bitrot this patch a bit.
Created attachment 337264 [details] screenshot after integrating with Mark's patch from bug 452069 I won't post the updated patch yet, since it wouldn't apply to a clean build and because Mark's patch is still a WIP.
Why are the preferences in a richlistbox? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose.
The list needs to scroll (if it's long enough, which it isn't yet) and that seemed like the best way to do it.
You should just be using a scrolling list (scrollbox, or overflow: auto). A richlistbox is used for selecting items.
Actually I tried just using overflow: auto/scroll at first, but for some reason it didn't work. I futzed with it a bit, but to no avail. I suppose I could revisit the issue if it's important.
we shouldn't check in code we're unhappy with, so it is probably best to fix the issue neil raises. also, if we can get this in for the alpha that would be great.
Ok, I converted it from a richlistbox to a scrollbox for gavin, and I implemented the pref that enables or disables the plugins. I'll see if I can produce a usable patch, but in the mean time I've got a repo for the changes at http://db48x.net/hg/moz/436077/. Gavin, mfinkle or enn, could you guys review?
Do you have diff?
Created attachment 340108 [details] [diff] [review] 436077-3.diff
Attachment #340108 - Flags: review?(mark.finkle) → review-
Created attachment 340213 [details] [diff] [review] 436077-4.diff
Attachment #340213 - Flags: review?(mark.finkle) → review+
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
verified with beta3
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.