ToDo = Check in bug 506502 patch Av1. Moving this action to a different bug, "per" bug 506502 comment 14, so I can R.Fixed that bug.
Whiteboard: [c-n: Av1 to cvs=1.9.0] FIPS
Assignee: wtc → nobody
Component: NSPR → Build
Product: NSPR → NSS
QA Contact: nspr → build
Whiteboard: [c-n: Av1 to cvs=1.9.0] FIPS → [c-n: cvs=1.9.0] FIPS
Version: other → unspecified
Umm, which patch is to be checked in, to where. and WHO approved?
(In reply to comment #1) > Umm, which patch is to be checked in, to where. and WHO approved? See comment 0 and whiteboard!
(In reply to comment #2) > (In reply to comment #1) > > Umm, which patch is to be checked in, to where. and WHO approved? > > See comment 0 and whiteboard! And yet I didn't see any indication that the patch "Av1" from that bug has an approval. Which is what I was mostly asking about; and being sure you pointed at the right bug.
(In reply to comment #3) > approval. Sorry, I know nothing about NSS approval: all I eventually understood is "FIPS = go to hell, NS* people will check your patch in sometime next decade". NB: I think there was/is a bug to create a branch inside m-c to apply our patches in the meantime, but I don't find it...
And of course, this unused file is eating you up like a cancer. Get a life. Actually, we're trying to determine if changes to platform-specific files for non-FIPS platforms are required to be frozen. I suspect the answer is no, in which case, these changes may happen much sooner than 3.13. Stay tuned, if you can live long enough.
(In reply to comment #5) > And of course, this unused file is eating you up like a cancer. Get a life. Me? I don't care since I filed this bug.
This bug is targetted for the lab review. We've been waiting until our actual FIPS cert issued. That has happened an now we can look at small changes that should not effect the FIPS usage of the token. Once the lab reviews it we can check it into the trunk. bob
dropping checkin-needed based on comments [which is how I found this and why I asked those Q's to begin with]
AFAICT, the patch mentioned in Comment 0 involves removing two files. This ended up being done in Bug 845556: https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nss/diff/6c43fe3ab5dd/dbm/include/Makefile.win https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nss/diff/6c43fe3ab5dd/dbm/src/Makefile.win
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(In reply to Cykesiopka from comment #9) > This ended up being done in Bug 845556: Right. Thanks for letting us know :-) V.Fixed, per mxr search.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Depends on: 845556
Whiteboard: [c-n: cvs=1.9.0] FIPS → FIPS
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.