Closed Bug 539835 Opened 12 years ago Closed 12 years ago

[OOPP] Modal dialogs halt processing of other content (browser ui, timers, script, animated gifs, other windowless plugins)

Categories

(Core :: Plug-ins, defect)

x86_64
Windows 7
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

()

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: u88484, Assigned: jimm)

References

()

Details

(Keywords: regression)

Right-clicking on some flash videos causes the current frame to freeze until context menu is dismissed.

STR:
1) Go to dailymotion.com or hulu.com
2) Watch any video
3) Right-click on the video
4) Context menu appears and the current frame freeze until the context menu is dismissed

This might also be related to me seeing some other videos on yahoo.com "freezing" when they lost focus.

Related to bug 536369?
(In reply to comment #0)
> Related to bug 536369?

Entirely likely. The parent hwnd code is getting a rework in bug 538918 so hopefully it'll be addressed there.
Assignee: nobody → jmathies
Blocks: OOPP
This bug also seems to sometimes freeze the entire browser now for a little while.  The context menu eventually dismisses and then any previous actions (like trying to switch tabs, click links, click the home button) occur very fast to try and catch up.
(In reply to comment #2)
> This bug also seems to sometimes freeze the entire browser now for a little
> while.  The context menu eventually dismisses and then any previous actions
> (like trying to switch tabs, click links, click the home button) occur very
> fast to try and catch up.

Sorry, this is actually bug 536519.  This bug does still occur though
Summary: [OOPP] Right-clicking on some flash videos causes the current frame to freeze until context menu is dismissed → [OOPP] Modal dialogs halt processing of other content (browser ui, timers, script, animated gifs, other windowless plugins)
Duplicate of this bug: 536519
(In reply to comment #2)
> This bug also seems to sometimes freeze the entire browser now for a little
> while.  The context menu eventually dismisses and then any previous actions
> (like trying to switch tabs, click links, click the home button) occur very
> fast to try and catch up.

spun off in bug 543479.
This will be fixed with bug 538918.
Depends on: 538918
Should this be fixed now? I still can reproduce this with the 12-Feb-2010 16:51 build on Windows.

STR:

- create new profile and go to http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/miMedia/2009/week26/do_krezip.avi_plain.xml
- right click in the flash movie (there should be a flash ad, followed by a silverlight movie)
- click somewhere else

Result: unresponsiveness: a hang or crash will follow frequently
(In reply to comment #7)
> Should this be fixed now? I still can reproduce this with the 12-Feb-2010 16:51
> build on Windows.
> 
> STR:
> 
> - create new profile and go to
> http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/miMedia/2009/week26/do_krezip.avi_plain.xml
> - right click in the flash movie (there should be a flash ad, followed by a
> silverlight movie)
> - click somewhere else
> 
> Result: unresponsiveness: a hang or crash will follow frequently

Ugh, I got a crash in a fresh checkout of m-c after a few tries, something in rpc channel. I'll file another bug on that.

If the movie/ad is playing under the context, this bug is indeed fixed. If it's not (independent of the crash) then it isn't. for me, the ad and video played.

Note we also have an open bug on flash's context menu - bug 545149, the focus on it is broken making it hard to select options.
filed crash bug 546035
(In reply to comment #8)
> If the movie/ad is playing under the context, this bug is indeed fixed. If it's
> not (independent of the crash) then it isn't. for me, the ad and video played.
> 
Yes, it continues playing for a while. The problem was about the impossibility to dismiss the context-menu which I believed was fixed by this bug.
Thanks for the info.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Issue is resolved - clearing old keywords - qa-wanted clean-up
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.