autocomplete window will not go away after going to an address that was in history

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 548476

Status

Camino Graveyard
Location Bar & Autocomplete
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 548476
8 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: mabecabu, Unassigned)

Tracking

1.9.0 Branch
PowerPC
Mac OS X

Details

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en; rv:1.9.0.19pre) Gecko/2010042500 Camino/2.1a1pre (like Firefox/3.0.19pre)
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en; rv:1.9.0.19pre) Gecko/2010042500 Camino/2.1a1pre (like Firefox/3.0.19pre)

After going to a page in my history, the history search appears. If I ignore it and just type the address and hit enter, the history search will go away and reappear after a second. I can usually click on one of the items to make it go away.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Start typing an address in your history into the address bar 
2.DO NOT select one of the items, instead finish typing the address and hit enter
3.Click on one of the items, the bar should go away
Actual Results:  
The history search disappeared after I hit enter, then reappeared after a second and wouldn't go away unless I clicked on the address of the page I wanted to go to.

Expected Results:  
The history search should go away and stay away after I hit enter.
Just curious: how many items do you have in your history (you can get the value by collapsing all of the folders in History view and summing the folder totals)?

No one's reported any case of this with 2.1a1pre nightlies since bug 505263 was fixed, but we have seen similar behavior in 1.9.2-based builds in bug 548476 (and I think, based on your description, that the patch there should fix this).
Summary: history search will not go away after going to an address that was in history → autocomplete window will not go away after going to an address that was in history
(Reporter)

Comment 2

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #1)
> Just curious: how many items do you have in your history (you can get the value
> by collapsing all of the folders in History view and summing the folder
> totals)?
> 
> No one's reported any case of this with 2.1a1pre nightlies since bug 505263 was
> fixed, but we have seen similar behavior in 1.9.2-based builds in bug 548476
> (and I think, based on your description, that the patch there should fix this).

I have 500 items exactly in my history as of this writing.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I have 500 items exactly in my history as of this writing.

Wow, that's not very many items :(  What's your Mac?  Any chance it's 450 MHz G3?
(Reporter)

Comment 4

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #3)
> (In reply to comment #2)
> > I have 500 items exactly in my history as of this writing.
> 
> Wow, that's not very many items :(  What's your Mac?  Any chance it's 450 MHz
> G3?

It's a 700mhz iBook G3.
OK, thanks for the info.

Unless hendy can reproduce this on his old iBook, I doubt we'll be able to reproduce this ourselves, but as I said in comment 1, I think the patch in bug 548476 will fix this (and I hope that patch will land later this week).  I'll comment here again when that patch has landed so that you can test a newer nightly.
Depends on: 548476
(Reporter)

Comment 6

8 years ago
(In reply to comment #5)
> OK, thanks for the info.
> 
> Unless hendy can reproduce this on his old iBook, I doubt we'll be able to
> reproduce this ourselves, but as I said in comment 1, I think the patch in bug
> 548476 will fix this (and I hope that patch will land later this week).  I'll
> comment here again when that patch has landed so that you can test a newer
> nightly.

Okay. Thanks, this really bothers me.
No longer depends on: 548476
Duplicate of this bug: 562490
The fix for bug 548476 should be in tomorrow's (May 1) nightlies.  Please let us know if this problem goes away then.
Version: unspecified → 1.9.0 Branch
(Reporter)

Comment 9

8 years ago
Yes, the patch fixed it. Thanks a lot!
(In reply to comment #9)
> Yes, the patch fixed it. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the confirmation.  That confirms that this bug is a dupe of the now-fixed bug 548476, so resolving accordingly.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 548476
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.