Closed Bug 564138 Opened 10 years ago Closed 10 years ago

Shift+Ctrl+o lock the screen _AND_ resize the window

Categories

(Firefox for Android Graveyard :: General, defect)

defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

VERIFIED FIXED

People

(Reporter: vingtetun, Assigned: vingtetun)

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

Attached patch PatchSplinter Review
On device this can result into annoying situation where the screen is lock on portrait but the window is resize to 800x480.

I think this one should block 1.1.
Attachment #443845 - Flags: review?(mark.finkle)
I think we should change shift+ctrl+o as a cheat code on desktop, but also make sure the cheat code only works on desktop. For now that would mean changing the key from "o" to something else because it is a conflict and wrapping the cheat code in "#ifndef MOZ_PLATFORM_MAEMO" so it won't be active on device - ever.

We can add ANDROID to the list when needed
Comment on attachment 443845 [details] [diff] [review]
Patch

I'll wrap the code with the MOZ_PLATFORM_MAEMO check when I land the patch.

Also, I don't think the original patch was landed on 1.1, only trunk.
Attachment #443845 - Flags: review?(mark.finkle) → review+
In my opinion debug code, even if it is convenient like Shift+Ctrl+o, has nothing to do in a release product. :)

(In reply to comment #2)
> (From update of attachment 443845 [details] [diff] [review])
> I'll wrap the code with the MOZ_PLATFORM_MAEMO check when I land the patch.
> 
> Also, I don't think the original patch was landed on 1.1, only trunk.

Nice, I didn't get that. Sorry for the "should block 1.1" alarm!
(In reply to comment #3)
> In my opinion debug code, even if it is convenient like Shift+Ctrl+o, has
> nothing to do in a release product. :)

We could address this for all of the debug keypress code
pushed m-b:
http://hg.mozilla.org/mobile-browser/rev/e3532a836bda
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Hm, I commented in bug 564134 that anytime I switch to portrait mode,the tab sidebar is shown and the url bar is displaced on build:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv71; Nokia N900; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100507 Namoroka/3.7a5pre Fennec/2.0a1pre



I thought that bug was cause of this issue, but it probably has more to do with this bug.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
(In reply to comment #6)
> Hm, I commented in bug 564134 that anytime I switch to portrait mode,the tab
> sidebar is shown and the url bar is displaced on build:
> 
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv71; Nokia N900; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre)
> Gecko/20100507 Namoroka/3.7a5pre Fennec/2.0a1pre
> 
> 
> 
> I thought that bug was cause of this issue, but it probably has more to do with
> this bug.

Yeah, it is this one but they are closely related. I don't know why this patch didn't appear in the last nightly but works on my custom build on desktop.
I'd like to wait till tomorrow for the next nightly to see if something was wrong for the first one.
(In reply to comment #7)
> (In reply to comment #6)
> > Hm, I commented in bug 564134 that anytime I switch to portrait mode,the tab
> > sidebar is shown and the url bar is displaced on build:
> > 
> > Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv71; Nokia N900; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre)
> > Gecko/20100507 Namoroka/3.7a5pre Fennec/2.0a1pre
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > I thought that bug was cause of this issue, but it probably has more to do with
> > this bug.
> 
> Yeah, it is this one but they are closely related. I don't know why this patch
> didn't appear in the last nightly but works on my custom build on desktop.
> I'd like to wait till tomorrow for the next nightly to see if something was
> wrong for the first one.

WFM, now.

Aakash?
No response for one month. Closing!(In reply to comment #8)
> (In reply to comment #7)
> > (In reply to comment #6)
> > > Hm, I commented in bug 564134 that anytime I switch to portrait mode,the tab
> > > sidebar is shown and the url bar is displaced on build:
> > > 
> > > Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv71; Nokia N900; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre)
> > > Gecko/20100507 Namoroka/3.7a5pre Fennec/2.0a1pre
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > I thought that bug was cause of this issue, but it probably has more to do with
> > > this bug.
> > 
> > Yeah, it is this one but they are closely related. I don't know why this patch
> > didn't appear in the last nightly but works on my custom build on desktop.
> > I'd like to wait till tomorrow for the next nightly to see if something was
> > wrong for the first one.
> 
> WFM, now.
> 
> Aakash?

No response for one month. Closing!
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Closed: 10 years ago10 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Yep, works for me on build:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv71; Nokia N900; en-US; rv:1.9.3a6pre) Gecko/2010621 Namoroka/3.7a6pre Fennec/2.0a1pre
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.