User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 Build Identifier: I get the following error when I bin\activate: "Error: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value" everything else seems to be working ok so far.. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 0. On windows XP.. 1. hg clone http://hg.mozilla.org/labs/jetpack-sdk/ 2. cd jetpack-sdk 3. bin\activate Actual Results: C:\jetpack-sdk\jetpack-sdk>bin\activate Error: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value Welcome to the Jetpack SDK. Run 'cfx docs' for assistance. Expected Results: C:\jetpack-sdk\jetpack-sdk>bin\activate Welcome to the Jetpack SDK. Run 'cfx docs' for assistance.
I think this was a problem with python 2.7 as well. Try going back to 2.6.
I see the problem, and I'm using Python 2.6.
The Add-on SDK is no longer a Mozilla Labs experiment and has become a big enough project to warrant its own Bugzilla product, so the "Add-on SDK" product has been created for it, and I am moving its bugs to that product. To filter bugmail related to this change, filter on the word "looptid".
(automatic reprioritization of 1.0 bugs)
(Pushing all open bugs to the --- milestone for the new triage system)
This is possibly related to bug 684136. I no longer see this error after applying the pull request in that bug (and removing all Python registry entries and reinstalling Python). Anyone care to confirm?
Created attachment 566982 [details] [diff] [review] patch v1: fixes problem (In reply to Wes Kocher (:KWierso) (Jetpack Bugmaster) from comment #7) > This is possibly related to bug 684136. I no longer see this error after > applying the pull request in that bug (and removing all Python registry > entries and reinstalling Python). > > Anyone care to confirm? I noticed that too, but it turns out that change just masked the bug, which is a combination of: 1. the `REG QUERY "%PYTHONKEY%\%PYTHONVERSION%\InstallPath" /ve` call doesn't redirect stdout/err to /dev/null, so any errors generated by that command are printed to the terminal (unlike other such calls in the script, which are all redirected); 2. the `if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0` checks inside the `if` conditional blocks are not checking the return codes they think they're checking, because %ERRORLEVEL% is expanded before the conditional block is evaluated, per <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4367930/errorlevel-inside-if> and <http://batcheero.blogspot.com/2007/06/how-to-enabledelayedexpansion.html>. The fixes are to redirect the output of that command to /dev/null and enable delayed expansion of environment variables. Here's a patch that does that. There are other places where %ERRORLEVEL% is checked outside of conditionals; not sure if those should be changed to !ERRORLEVEL! as well (or, alternately, `IF ERRORLEVEL`, which doesn't have this problem). Mark: I don't know if this matters given plans to land some version of the batch file in bug 571483, but I figured this stuff out in the process of reviewing the fix for bug 684136, so I figured it was worth at least rolling the patch.
Comment on attachment 566982 [details] [diff] [review] patch v1: fixes problem I haven't tested it, but it looks good to me. Note however that this patch will be made obsolete if the one in bug 571843 lands.
Created attachment 571369 [details] [diff] [review] patch v2: resolves trivial application conflicts Given the lack of progress on bug 571843, and in order to capture the learnings from this bug in the historical record, let's move forward on reviewing and landing this bug. This patch applies to the tip, resolving trivial application conflicts from recent changes.
Comment on attachment 571369 [details] [diff] [review] patch v2: resolves trivial application conflicts I have no idea what this patch does: my windows-fu is non-existent. If it works for you, though, I see no reason to not apply it.
Commit pushed to https://github.com/mozilla/addon-sdk https://github.com/mozilla/addon-sdk/commit/d245ef8e91275161b245e3f8649448303cb78508 bug 574563: correctly check ERRORLEVEL in activate.bat; squelch REG QUERY error; f=@mhammond, r=@warner