<xsl:output doctype-system="some.dtd"/> not working

VERIFIED FIXED in mozilla1.1alpha

Status

()

Core
XSLT
P5
normal
VERIFIED FIXED
17 years ago
15 years ago

People

(Reporter: Paul Gartside, Assigned: peterv)

Tracking

Trunk
mozilla1.1alpha
x86
Linux
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: standalone)

(Reporter)

Description

17 years ago
A directive in an xsl sheet such as: <xsl:output doctype-system="mathml.dtd"/>
doesnt seem to be having the desired effect -ie- the output document having
<!DOCTYPE html SYSTEM @mathml.dtd"> in its preamble.

A test style sheet, input xml doc and transformiix's output follow.

My mozilla (and transformiix) are up to date (as of Thursday 23rd Nov 2000).

I apologise if the error is mine and not transformiix. I have checked against
4xslt 's output (python xslt transformer), and that does output <!DOCTYPE html
SYSTEM etc>.

---

Stylesheet:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE  html  SYSTEM "mathml.dtd">

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">



<xsl:output method="xml"/>
<xsl:output doctype-system="mathml.dtd"/>
<xsl:output indent="yes"/>

<!-- main rule for document element -->
<xsl:template match="document">

<html xmlns:math="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"
      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
    <title>Test for Doctype</title>
</head>


<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">

  <font color="blue" style="text-align: center">
<b>Test for Doctype</b></font>
</body>
</html>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Input xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<document>

Stuff....


</document>

Output xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<html xmlns:math="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/T
R/REC-html40">

    <head>
      <title>Test for Doctype</title>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
      <font color="blue" style="text-align: center">
        <b>Test for Doctype</b>
      </font>
    </body>

</html>

Comment 1

17 years ago
*** Bug 61045 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 2

17 years ago
It was never implemented. Accepting.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 3

17 years ago
Taking over.
Assignee: kvisco → peterv
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla0.9
(Assignee)

Updated

17 years ago
Blocks: 63906
(Assignee)

Comment 4

17 years ago
Post-poning a bit.
Target Milestone: mozilla0.9 → mozilla0.9.1
(Assignee)

Updated

17 years ago
Target Milestone: mozilla0.9.1 → mozilla1.1

Updated

17 years ago
No longer blocks: 63906

Updated

17 years ago
Priority: P3 → P5
this was fixed for module in the output rewrite (i'm starting to sound like a
broken record :-) )
Whiteboard: standalone
(Assignee)

Comment 6

16 years ago
Broken record says it is fixed. Reopen if he's wrong.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 7

15 years ago
we didn't verify for a long time.
I really checked, so VERIFIED.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.