Some dictionaries are not properly installed

RESOLVED FIXED in 5.12.11

Status

defect
RESOLVED FIXED
8 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: karol.ostrovsky, Assigned: jorgev)

Tracking

5.12.11
x86
Windows Vista

Details

(Whiteboard: [no code work needed][hardblocker])

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b10) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b10
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b10) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b10

Spell checking is only possible for the default language (en-gb in my case).  After successfully adding (no errors in the error console) a new dictionary (for example Swedish in my case), the dictionary is in the list of installed add-ons but right-clicking in a text-box to select the new language only shows the default language (en-gb in my case) available.  I have also installed the Dictionary Switcher add-on and it also shows only the default language available.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Firefox 4b8, 4b9, or 4b10
2. Install new dictionary
3. Try to select the new dictionary for spell-checking

Comment 1

8 years ago
CONFIRMED  with Romanian, Spanish, Swedish dictionary on build:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b12pre) Gecko/20110209 Firefox/4.0b12pre


But it works with Italian, Dutch

Comment 2

8 years ago
Confirmed using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b12pre) Gecko/20110209 Firefox/4.0b12pre with Romanian with Swedish dictionaries.

Updated

8 years ago
Component: General → Dictionaries
Product: Firefox → addons.mozilla.org
QA Contact: general → dictionaries
Version: unspecified → 4.x

Updated

8 years ago
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true

Updated

8 years ago
Summary: Only default dictionary available for spell checking → Some dictionaries are not properly installed

Comment 3

8 years ago
Some time ago I noticed several dictionary addons on AMO, which were listed as compatible with Firefox 4 Beta, but which were actually incompatible (they missed em:unpack).
Assignee: nobody → jorge
hebrew not working

Updated

8 years ago
blocking2.0: --- → ?
Why do you want this to block our final release? Don't just flip the flag without explaining, please.
Maybe this will fall off the list, but seems like easy work for AMO!
blocking2.0: ? → final+
Whiteboard: [no code work needed][hardblocker]
Target Milestone: --- → 5.12.11
Sounds like the fix is to downgrade maxversion compatibility for the guids above and email the authors asking them to set unpack = true before setting it back.

Jorge, can you take this? Might be easiest to write some SQL.
(Assignee)

Comment 9

8 years ago
Whoo, I got a hardblocker!

I've changed the compatibility of all listed dictionaries and sent a message to the authors so they know how to update.

-> FIXED.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 10

8 years ago
Maybe a rescan needs to be done to be sure that all dictionaries have unpack = true

The Serbian Dictionary still has a missing <em:unpack>true</em:unpack> and doesn't install properly (not in the Languages sub menu).

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/%D1%81%D1%80%D0%BF%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA-serbian-dictiona/
Product: addons.mozilla.org → addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.