User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
1. Tab-bar-background gradient flaw: when in tabs-on-top mode, it is clearly seen, that gradient is not smooth. It looks like a bad-quality image was used as a background and gradient stripes are visible.
2. While no tab is displayed (single page view), the title bar is not consistent with the URL bar.
3. In lost-focus, the tabs titles and bookmarks don't get grayed out like they should.
Steps to Reproduce:
The theme flaws are visible.
1. Tab-bar background should have clear, smooth gradient.
2. Titlebar should be consistent with URL bar while in no tab mode.
3. Titles should be grayed out a bit.
Created attachment 522209 [details]
Gradient problem with Finder comparison
Created attachment 522210 [details]
Title bar inconsistent with URL bar
Created attachment 522211 [details]
No graying-out of titles while in lost focus
The gradient problem is also visible in the not-selected tab background (under the tab title).
> 1. Tab-bar background should have clear, smooth gradient.
Let's make this bug only about this.
> 2. Titlebar should be consistent with URL bar while in no tab mode.
That's bug 618770.
> 3. Titles should be grayed out a bit.
Not graying them out is intentional. It's meant to convey that clicking them on a background window won't just focus the window but will also activate the button / tab.
Works for me on Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.2a1pre) Gecko/20110407 Firefox/4.2a1pre
Also, could you see if the issue occurs if using Firefox in safe mode:
How about with a new, empty testing profile? (Don't install any addons into it)
Well, it doesn't depend on a profile - Firefox seems to use an image as background, and not a native Mac OS X GUI element. And this image is low quality. I tested it even on 10.7 preview version - Firefox does not incorporate new Lion interface. And still, it has gradient problems. Please provide screenshot to prove that it works for you. Or maybe it has been already fixed for your version - 4.2a1pre. I am using 4.0.
It's not fixed yet.
Vlad, whether you see this depends on many parameters, including eyesight quality, lightning conditions, monitor contrast levels, monitor angle, etc.
Reporter, do you have anything new to add about this issue?
Bug 667476 will fix this (even on 10.5 / 10.6).
Can this be resolved now?