Hello, the site http://comhome.comdirect.de is the major online broker here in Germany. So many users might want to access this site,but using mozilla 0.7 you can't. You get the following errors: sh: invalid character 17 in exportstr for AVA_PLUGIN_STATE130_01 ./start-psm: invalid character 17 in exportstr for AVA_PLUGIN_STATE130_01 Error loading URL http://comhome.comdirect.de/: 80004005 Bye
Unfortunately comdirect doesn't work with TLS enabled. Please go to the PSM, then "Advanced ... Options", disable TLS and try again. Does it work now? Then it may be a dup of bug 33772, although that one is marked windows only. But unfortunately even after doing that you still can't log in. That would be bug 48453.
Marking invalid. Comdirect is using a TLS intolerant server. Until they fix their server, the workaround for the client is descibed above.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: INVALID → ---
Summary: mozilla stops loading the page → comhome.comdirect.de is not TLS aware
I also filed this bug before, and you marked it as invalid, too. But I'm not quite satisfied with this practise. I have seen that other bugs of this kind have been kept open and assigned to the component "Evangelism". Does that not apply to PSM? I'm sure this won't be the last time this bug will be reported. Wouldn't it be better if it would stay open (at component Evangelism) so that others can find it instead of filing it again? And why do you mark it invalid? It is very easy to confirm. It may be a dup of some other bug, but invalid? And another question: you resolved bug 57640 which I submitted about this *and* verified that yourself. Is this common practise? I thought the point with verifying something would be that someone *else* does this. CCing Evangelism owners, I hope they can help here. Reopening and changing summary.
Let's give it a try - over to evangelism. I marked this bug invalid because there is nothing wrong with PSM in this regard, and there is an easy solution - turn off TLS. As an employee at Netscape, I can mark bugs verified where I also resolved them. If I didn't, 99% of the bugs assigned to me as QA Contact would not get verified.
Component: Client Library → Evangelism
Product: PSM → Browser
Version: 1.01 → other
Reassigning to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assignee: ddrinan → evangelism
Status: REOPENED → NEW
QA Contact: junruh → zach
Verifying bugs that you resolved is fine if you're the QA contact. But the justification for that is that you're the QA contact, not that you're an employee of Netscape.
I did disable TLS it does not solve the problem. I get the same error for these two pages: Error loading URL http://comhome.comdirect.de/: 80004005 Error loading URL https://webbanking.tdaccess.com/: 80004005
Reassigning evangelism bugs to email@example.com.
Assignee: evangelism → bclary
*** Bug 79360 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Component: Evangelism → Client Library
Product: Browser → PSM
Target Milestone: --- → 2.0
Version: other → 2.0
Priority: -- → P1
Assignee: bclary → javi
wtc: Please review my patch.
r=wtc, via e-mail. Sending to blizzard for sr=
Ignore the section of the patch for nsSecureBrowserUIImpl.cpp. I forgot to remove that from the patch when I patched the entire directory.
I reviewed Javi's change and his latest patch incorporated my suggested changes. r=wtc.
a= firstname.lastname@example.org for checkin to the trunk. (on behalf of drivers)
Fix checked into the trunk.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago → 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
*** Bug 83630 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Verified with the 6/11 trunk build.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.