User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20110830 Firefox/6.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.3.1
Build ID: 20110830151746
Steps to reproduce:
Downloaded Seamonkey 2.3.2 (Dutch version)
Program displays version 2.3.1
Certificate for DigiNotar is not recognized so it really is version 2.3.2
Should display version 2.3.2
Confirming, the release notes of 2.3.2 are being shown, but the about window says 2.3.1
*** Bug 683485 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
not sure it really is 2.3.2 - in the English, Macintosh .dmg, opening up the package, and looking at info.plist shows bundle: 2.3.1
digging down further - Contents/MacOS/application.ini: looking at the contents yields version 2.3.1
looks like the 2.3.2 readme has been bundled with the 2.3.1 application
To check if it is 2.3.2:
Go to the site https://www.diginotar.nl/
When it shows an alert that the connection is insecure, it is 2.3.2 (where the root certificate of DigiNotar was removed).
When the site is shown (it redirects to http://www.diginotar.nl/) you have 2.3.1 or before.
> looks like the 2.3.2 readme has been bundled with the 2.3.1 application
No, that is not the case.
You can verify that 'DigiNotar' is no longer shown as a Authority.
ok - the Mac version shows that dignotar.nl is untrusted, but...
looking INSIDE the distribution files on 2.3.2.dmg
- info.plist shows Bundle Version 2.3.1
- ../application.ini shows Version=2.3.1
can't quite dig into the binary but at least some of the files have NOT been updated to reflect 2.3.2
Just to note ...
Says, "Warning! You're using an old stable version of SeaMonkey (2.3.1), while we offer a newer version which contains important security fixes."
(In reply to therube from comment #7)
> Just to note ...
> Says, "Warning! You're using an old stable version of SeaMonkey (2.3.1),
> while we offer a newer version which contains important security fixes."
in short, Sadly this was an hg fail, on top of a slight configuration fail after automation fail.
So what happend is this:
* We bumped our version based on the cset I configured as the parent. Then tagging (another repo) failed, due to a relbranch conflict with Thunderbird.
* When I re-ran tagging, I forgot to update the changeset to the newer one that was already bumped, even though I dropped the "bump the version" part to let us pass.
* I noticed this error after tagging finished, but before builds started, I manually did an hg tag rather than try to rerun everything, apparantly the hg tag did not take properly:
(http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-release/rev/db1fd518fdf1 and http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-release/rev/8ca0f604e932 were my new tagging pushes)
* This left us in a state where COMM60_20110820_RELBRANCH was not the rev actually tagged
This will be fixed by 2.3.3 :( (Mozilla needs to ship a slight correction to the build we just made). We will be shipping partial updates for *actual* 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 users.
I apologize for the confusion.
*** Bug 684426 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 684516 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Fixed by releasing 2.3.3