* Separate activity
* some ui spec needed
Created attachment 568668 [details] [diff] [review]
This patch moves the tabs to a popupwindow in same activity.
Since "Tabs" is held separate, the popup shows even when Gecko is loading.
The tabs's title, url, favicon (and even new tabs opening) are updated in the popup when it is showing (for such events happening in the background).
Close tabs work by switching to previous tab in the list.
1. There are 2 data structures used: one for fast retrieval, the other for preserving the order. This needs to be optimized (ArrayList<Tab> is same as ArrayList<Integer> though).
2. The close tabs does something with gecko when the tab closed is the selected tab. I'm failing to understand the reason. The java side sends proper messages.
3. The tab popup has a height of 50% on portrait mode. This need to be changed with the list's height. I would like to take this as a followup bug with the actual styling for the popupwindow.
Comment on attachment 568668 [details] [diff] [review]
This patch is pretty much ready to land except:
* Move the "New Tab" string into a resource (don't use "+ add tab" as the text either)
* I want to use a convention for our JS->Java messages, so for the tab stuff:
** "onAddTab" -> "Tab:Added"
** "onCloseTab" -> "Tab:Closed"
** "onSelectTab" -> "Tab:Selected"
While we are doing this, change the Java->JS names:
* "tab-add" -> "Tab:Add"
* "tab-load" -> "Tab:Load"
* "tab-select" -> "Tab:Select"
* "tab-close" -> "Tab:Close"
I think we'll be r+ ready with those changes
Created attachment 569136 [details] [diff] [review]
Patch for tabs tray
Made the required changes.
This also fixes the "close-tab" problem.
- When selected tab is closed, a tab is explicitly selected _before_ closing the tab.
- When a background tab is closed, a tab is explicitly selected _after_ closing the tab.
Created attachment 569139 [details] [diff] [review]
Preserving tabs's title and favicon
This patch preserves the tabs count, title and favicon of the selected tab on the BrowserToolbar on rotation.
Comment on attachment 569136 [details] [diff] [review]
Patch for tabs tray
Just some questions:
* Do we need to keep Tabs.java order array? or can we try to remove it in the future?
* the screen shot at http://cl.ly/0w3I311s2a3w3g0r2B3C shows the "tabs" button is a little offset vertically from the rest of the URL bar. We can file a followup for fixing that, but I wanted to point it out.
* File a followup to fix the "prompt" message handler
*** Bug 695808 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
http://hg.mozilla.org/projects/birch/rev/8db2fba86f75 - fixed the issue.