Created attachment 574598 [details]
Broken google.ca rendering on top of about:home
On latest 11a1 nightly, see attachment for the behaviour of my browser when I try to navigate from about:home to google.ca
There might be multiple bugs here:
- Most importantly, google.ca isn't painting properly (though you can see its input box painted over top of about:home content)
- The content area is also less than the height of the screen, and in some cases it is also clipping the content -- I suspect there's already another bug on file for that piece (but if there isn't, let me know!)
I think this is a recent regression, I don't remember seeing it last week, after pcwalton's stuff originally landed.
(Taken on a Gingerbread 2.3.4 Galaxy S2, on the off chance that it matters)
I doubt the bug is google specific, but it isn't universal, either - navigating from about:home (or this busted state) to a longer page talking about making a proper Negroni is fine.
(In reply to Johnathan Nightingale [:johnath] from comment #0)
> - The content area is also less than the height of the screen, and in some
> cases it is also clipping the content -- I suspect there's already another
> bug on file for that piece (but if there isn't, let me know!)
This part is bug 700224
I've hit this as well. Any tips on how to take screen shots on Google Nexus S? I don't want to have to root it.
For the record here are the steps I gathered:
* Loading up google.com after "about:home" half draws google.com and I can half see the nightly start page
* re-loading the page does not fix the issue
* If I quit Fennec and I open it up google.com will be the first page to load up *but* it only drew the search textbox and called the keyboard to load-up
* searching for a term seems to do the search but I can only see the textbox with what I typed and another text box at the bottom of the page
Armen, you can take screenshots using the Android SDK; you don't have to root the device. The other way is to upgrade to ICS if that is an available option for you.
The android sdk will install the ddms, in which you can select a device and then take a screenshot
I believe this has been fixed for some time (union dirty rects problem). If seen again please reopen.
Samsung Galaxy SII (Android 2.3.4)