v606 supports protocol v17, and Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13, which we need. Splitting into two patches: google's changes, and tweaks I made to get it to work for us.
Created attachment 581378 [details] [diff] [review] part1: Google pywebsocket v553->606 changes So this sits on top of the pywebsocket patch (not yet landed) for bug 689006. I've split this out from changes I made as I think it needs minimal review, given that it's already reviewed and in production @ google.
Created attachment 581383 [details] [diff] [review] part2: Mozilla-specific changes test_websocket.html test-15 needed to be disabled: see comments. It's not a bug in our code, just that pywebsocket doesn't seem to allow us to emulate the server closing the TCP socket w/o sending a WS CLOSE any more. (if you think we need that test to work, let's open a separate bug for it--don't want to hold back progress for a minor test coverage issue). test-16 fails if run standalone--fixed. change runtests.py to use --allow-handlers-outside-root-dir so we don't have to patch pywebsocket code for that any more.
Comment on attachment 581383 [details] [diff] [review] part2: Mozilla-specific changes file a separate low priority bug about creating test coverage for the disabled test-15. r=mcmanus
Thanks. Filed bug 710954 for test-15.