Filters and search fail to consistently find matches with text/html; utf-8; base64

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 37031

Status

Thunderbird
Search
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 37031
6 years ago
6 years ago

People

(Reporter: Peter Worden, Unassigned)

Tracking

12 Branch
x86_64
Windows 7

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

6 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Build ID: 20120420145725

Steps to reproduce:

This bug is not about Search, its about filters.  On April 17th 2012, according to my filter log, filters on 1 of my 2 email accounts in Thunderbird stopped working.  I assumed perhaps it was related to an exchange server addition, but as I tried to troubleshoot it became more apparent this looked like a bug.  Although the filters from the other 1 of 2 accounts continue to consistently work I've been bewildered as to why the other account filters fail.  The filters are on demand to be applied to a folder or to an individual message.  I've tried both methods and it fails consistently.  In filters that should have applied during testing; each individual element for each filter has a match if I use the search option.  It stands to reason that the filter should then as a whole apply to that message.  The settings each filter item that has multiple elements is set to "Match all of the following".  The emails that are affected appear to have this in common: Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64


Actual results:

Filters that are valid and have matches don't apply to the emails they should affect.  Sometimes in the bottom left corner I see a stuck "Downloading message...".


Expected results:

The applicable filter with matches should have applied the appropriate selected actions which in my case are either move or copy operations.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

6 years ago
I should note that the source of the emails are from ColdFusion 9 <cfmail> which is essentially a stack trace dump in the base64 format.  The emails are viewable within Thunderbird.  No garbled messages to my knowledge.  I did do some testing and put my findings in the Mozilla forum before submitting this bug.  http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2462459

Comment 2

6 years ago
(In reply to Peter Worden from comment #1)
Possible duplicate of bug 37031.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

6 years ago
I'm looking at the source view of one of the failing to match with filter messages and I don't see any of them with Content-Type: multipart/.....  in the message header.  If that is not relevant then I believe that this is indeed a duplicate of bug 37031.  If there is any way I can confirm this with debug logs or such please instruct me what to look for.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

6 years ago
Not that it matters, but I had the wrong OS when created.  Corrected.
OS: Windows Vista → Windows 7
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 37031
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.