Adding our requested live date of Friday, June 15 2012 We hope to launch the actual snippet service that requires this change on Monday.
Change has been made, waiting on SVN commit access to the repo and then we can organize a push to production.
Changes committed, looks to me like the revision numbers are 106423 ans 106425 does this look correct?
Schalk, can you send me a link or otherwise direct me to view? I want to be sure I am looking at the correct thing. Thanks.
Ben, I will follow up with someone in this, Have not worked with SVN in ages so need to figure out where is the best place to direct you.
Ben, here you go: http://www-dev.allizom.org/en-US/legal/privacy/firefox.html
This looks good to me with one thing to check: 1) Does the date at the top need to be updated "Last Updated: June 22, 2011"
Tom -> can you advise if the date needs to be updated.
Yes - update the date and add an archived version of the current policy please.
Ben, jmenon, can someone point out what the differences are between the Dec 2010 policy and the June 22, 2011 one? The HTML version is fine, but the text version is more of a challenge to update. Also, at the top of the 2010 policy there is the following sentence, should this be kept or removed in the June 2011 one? "Prior Policies [insert link to new page where all previous desktop and mobile privacy policies should be posted, including versions from January 2010 and any other policies we have]"
Schalk: The current version does not have a text version so I think this can be left out (I suspect we are no longer doing these)(JMENON confirm) If the above is true then we do not have to worry about the [links]. If the above is false, JMENON -> can you advise on what we should do.
Ben: The HTML version of the archived policy is done, waiting to hear about the text version. Then regarding the date change for the updated policy, should that be June 15, 2012?
Schalk Let's use today as the updated date (should go live today).
Ben Ok, then I am just waiting to hear back about the txt version of the policy.
Let's move forward on this without the txt version of the policy. The current live version does not have one. If it turns out we need one we can add it later, but I do not want to delay our launch due to this one item. If you put up the latest version on dev, I will QA and give you an official sign off.
Code submitted, latest revision number is 106510
I tested everything on dev. This looks good to me and I am OK with pushing this live.
leaving open until it is on production
pushed to production r106517
verified fixed https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/legal/privacy/firefox.html