Hover state is not active when mouse hover.. And hover state remains active until I make a window in-active

VERIFIED FIXED

Status

()

Core
Layout
VERIFIED FIXED
5 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: Alice0775 White, Assigned: cwiiis)

Tracking

({regression})

16 Branch
x86_64
Windows 7
regression
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(firefox16+ verified)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

828 bytes, application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml
Details
(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
Created attachment 639686 [details]
testcase xul

Build Identifier:
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/4b1249ae1906
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/16.0 Firefox/16.0 ID:20120706030535

Hover state is not active when mouse hover.
And hover state remains active until I make a window in-active

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Prepare a new profile
2. Make sure allow remote XUL
3. Open attached xul
4. Move mouse over button -- observe color and button border
5. Click button -- observe color and button border 
6. Move mouse out the button -- observe color and button border 

Actual Results:
 Hover state is not active at step 4.
 Hover state remains active at step 6.


Expected Results:
 Hover state should be active at step 4.
 Hover state should be removed at step 6.
tracking-firefox16: --- → ?

Updated

5 years ago
tracking-firefox16: ? → +
Keywords: qawanted, regressionwindow-wanted
(Reporter)

Comment 1

5 years ago
This is regressed by Bug 758620.
And the patch in bug 772079 will fix this.
Keywords: regressionwindow-wanted
(Assignee)

Updated

5 years ago
Depends on: 772079
(Reporter)

Comment 2

5 years ago
The patch in bug 772079 landed on Inbound tinderbox build.
http://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/a7f80f6408ed
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/16.0 Firefox/16.0 ID:20120714005020

However, This is still reproducible. this is not fixed...
(Assignee)

Comment 3

5 years ago
(In reply to Alice0775 White from comment #2)
> The patch in bug 772079 landed on Inbound tinderbox build.
> http://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/a7f80f6408ed
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/16.0 Firefox/16.0
> ID:20120714005020
> 
> However, This is still reproducible. this is not fixed...

If an earlier patch in bug 772079 fixed this, it is at least invalidation related... The test case here is nice and compact, so I'll take a look at this and hopefully whatever fixes this also fixes bug 769541.
Assignee: nobody → chrislord.net
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 4

5 years ago
(In reply to Alice0775 White from comment #0)
> Created attachment 639686 [details]
> testcase xul
> 
> Build Identifier:
> http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/4b1249ae1906
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/16.0 Firefox/16.0
> ID:20120706030535
> 
> Hover state is not active when mouse hover.
> And hover state remains active until I make a window in-active
> 
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1. Prepare a new profile
> 2. Make sure allow remote XUL
> 3. Open attached xul
> 4. Move mouse over button -- observe color and button border
> 5. Click button -- observe color and button border 
> 6. Move mouse out the button -- observe color and button border 
> 
> Actual Results:
>  Hover state is not active at step 4.
>  Hover state remains active at step 6.
> 
> 
> Expected Results:
>  Hover state should be active at step 4.
>  Hover state should be removed at step 6.

Can you elaborate on these steps to reproduce? Following these steps, I see no problem, with and without the patch from bug 772079.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

5 years ago
>Can you elaborate on these steps to reproduce?
This happens Windows 7 with HWA on. not happens with HWA off.
(Reporter)

Comment 6

5 years ago
And this problem does not happen if layers.acceleration.disabled = true;
(Assignee)

Comment 7

5 years ago
Ok, that changes things a bit - I don't have a Linux setup where layers acceleration isn't massively glitchy atm, so I'm going to assume that bug 769451 and this have the same root cause for now and work on that.
Depends on: 769541
(Assignee)

Comment 8

5 years ago
A patch is on inbound for bug 769541, do you think you could test to see if it fixes this issue?
(Reporter)

Comment 9

5 years ago
(In reply to Chris Lord [:cwiiis] from comment #8)
> A patch is on inbound for bug 769541, do you think you could test to see if
> it fixes this issue?

The following inbound tinderbox build fixes this Bug 771529 as well.
http://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/e6068bdf8268
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0 ID:20120718223824

Thanks :)
(Reporter)

Comment 10

5 years ago
fixed by bug 769541
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
status-firefox16: --- → fixed
Dropping qawanted because I believe it is addressed by comment 1. Adding verifyme to flag for verification.
Keywords: qawanted → verifyme
Using Remote XUL Manager add-on to allow remote XUL. Verified fixed using the STR in comment 0 on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0b2.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
status-firefox16: fixed → verified
Keywords: verifyme
QA Contact: paul.silaghi
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.