Last Comment Bug 776463 - IMAP msgs besides RSS msgs after filtering: Subject in message list sometimes different from real subject of message (correctable by "Repair folder")
: IMAP msgs besides RSS msgs after filtering: Subject in message list sometimes...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
:
Product: Thunderbird
Classification: Client Software
Component: Folder and Message Lists (show other bugs)
: 12 Branch
: x86_64 Windows 7
: -- normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody; OK to take it and work on it
:
:
Mentors:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-07-23 02:14 PDT by kloor68373
Modified: 2012-09-22 10:33 PDT (History)
2 users (show)
See Also:
Crash Signature:
(edit)
QA Whiteboard:
Iteration: ---
Points: ---


Attachments
List view and message preview with non matching subject (24.57 KB, image/png)
2012-07-23 02:14 PDT, kloor68373
no flags Details

Description kloor68373 2012-07-23 02:14:43 PDT
Created attachment 644873 [details]
List view and message preview with non matching subject

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Build ID: 20120713134347

Steps to reproduce:

I use TB for a single IMAP mail account (on an outlook server) and several RSS feeds. I installed a filter to copy RSS items to the inbox root folder whose subject contains at least one of a number of keywords.


Actual results:

In the inbox list view all filtered RSS messages expectedly appear besides my IMAP mails. But sometimes a subjects is displayed wrong. 

In the current case a series of three items are listed in my inbox that were copied from RSS by my filter. The subject of the first item displayed in the list is wrong: the third's suject is diplayed instead of it's own. When I select any of the three items in the list view they are displayed correct in the preview window but the list view stays wrong.

I do not remember surely but I believe that the error does not appear when only a single RSS item is copied during a filter call. I do remember exactly whether headers of RSS and mails are interchanged between themselves. I believe the error only appears when RSS items exist: mail only lists without aggregeted RSS items seem not to be concerned.

The error is not new in TB12, I remember to have seen it before for at least about two years (also in my former Oses WinXP64 and 32)

When I restart TB (restart included an update to TB 14) the error persists. Compacting folders does not help, too. Copying the series of RSS items (from the screenshot) to an IMAP subfolder the wrong subjects are displayed there, too.


Expected results:

The list view should always show the correct subject, not a subject of another item
Comment 1 Thomas D. (needinfo?me) 2012-07-26 03:21:19 PDT
Did u try Folder > Properties > Repair folder?
Comment 2 kloor68373 2012-07-26 04:04:00 PDT
As mentioned I copied the faulty message (in company with the adjacent messages shown on the sreenshot) into a newly created IMAP subfolder where they were displayed faulty, too. The original messages are deleted meanwhile. But the copies still live faulty in the subfolder until today. During the last three days TB and OS were started at least three times but the message persisted in the faulty state. 

But after I repaired the folder today in the way you suggested the faulty subject was corrected.
Comment 3 alta88 2012-09-22 10:33:47 PDT
this is likely fixed in bug 596234 (Tb 18).  reopen if not.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.