Closed Bug 827630 Opened 9 years ago Closed 7 years ago

vagalume.com.br doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile

Categories

(Web Compatibility :: Mobile, defect)

ARM
Gonk (Firefox OS)
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: lmandel, Assigned: karlcow)

References

()

Details

(Whiteboard: [country-br][serversniff] [contactready])

Attachments

(1 file)

vagalume.com.br serves a desktop site to B2G. Bug 819210 added an UA override for this domain. The override should be removed once the domain serves mobile content to B2G. This bug tracks the evangelism for the site to recognize the B2G UA and the removal of the override at that time.
Whiteboard: [uaoverride]
Whiteboard: [uaoverride] → [uaoverride] [country-br]
Whiteboard: [uaoverride] [country-br] → [uaoverride] [country-br][serversniff]
Whiteboard: [uaoverride] [country-br][serversniff] → [uaoverride] [country-br][serversniff] [contactready]
Server side sniffing. 
To be contacted
Firefox OS receive the desktop site, Firefox Android is redirected to a mobile site.

# Firefox OS

GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, compress
Host: www.vagalume.com.br
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; rv:18.0) Gecko/18.0 Firefox/18.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Age: 20
Cache-Control: max-age=150
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Encoding: gzip
Content-Length: 10554
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:53:51 GMT
Expires: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:56:02 GMT
Server: nginx
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Via: 1.1 varnish
X-Cache: HIT
X-Cache-Hits: 51
X-Varnish: 313407044 313403055



# Firefox Android
GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, compress
Host: www.vagalume.com.br
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:18.0) Gecko/18.0 Firefox/18.0

HTTP/1.1 302 http://m.vagalume.com.br/
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Age: 0
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:53:57 GMT
Location: http://m.vagalume.com.br/
Retry-After: 5
Server: Varnish
Via: 1.1 varnish
X-Cache: MISS
X-Varnish: 1875211893
transfer-encoding: chunked
Contact via website support (http://suporte.vagalume.com.br/)
Assignee: nobody → astevenson
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Whiteboard: [uaoverride] [country-br][serversniff] [contactready] → [uaoverride] [country-br][serversniff] [sitewait]
No response yet.
Assignee: astevenson → kdubost
Looks like a fix. Thanks Karl! :) https://twitter.com/thadeudepaula/status/444183612628668416

http -h GET http://www.vagalume.com.br User-Agent:'Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:26.0) Gecko/26.0 Firefox/26.0'
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://m.vagalume.com.br/

http -h GET http://www.vagalume.com.br User-Agent:'Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; rv:26.0) Gecko/26.0 Firefox/26.0'
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://m.vagalume.com.br/
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Blocks: 978663
Seems this regressed. (On some phones it still seems fixed - probably because the UA spoof is lingering or something?)

GET http://www.vagalume.com.br/ HTTP/1.1
Host: www.vagalume.com.br
Cookies: None
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; rv:33.0) Gecko/33.0 Firefox/33.0
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, compress
Accept: */*
Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate


HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Server: nginx
X-Amz-Cf-Id: U8rU1sp6coL1nn7JmL2sgRfeiIOB4FJMkQaBYONDKTLikEEExQbFuQ==
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Cache-Control: max-age=19
Expires: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 14:25:49 GMT
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 14:25:30 GMT
Content-Length: 40153
Connection: keep-alive

I get the same result with the "26.0" version Adam verified it with.
No longer blocks: 978663
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
Whiteboard: [uaoverride] [country-br][serversniff] [sitewait] → [country-br][serversniff] [contactready]
Status: REOPENED → NEW
And it's OK again..!
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 years ago7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Weird stuff though. It works on the Flame (Fx OS UA string for Firefox 36.0) but fails on Desktop if I spoof exactly the same UA.. It also worked on Tarako, but failed in Firefox for Android spoofing Fx OS 36, and fails when tested from SlimerJS and Phantom.. I don't get what's going on here :-o
Right, fooled by a spoofing I thought I had disabled.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
Status: REOPENED → NEW
Hi,

I'm responsible for Vagalume. We're currently forwarding users based on User-Agent string. I see in your tests you're not using one of the following strings.

*iPhone*
*iPod*
*Android*
*BlackBerry*
*Windows Phone*
*iPad*

I've just added *Mobile* to the list above. Please let me know if it will be fixed in about 24h.

Thanks!
Daniel,
This is working. Excellent.
Thanks a lot for your support.
Closing as Fixed!
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: Tech Evangelism → Web Compatibility
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.