See bug 853391. We will not support this feature in metrofx.
Created attachment 729901 [details] [diff] [review]
I kept browser\metro\base\content\preferences.js because it's used by the patch for bug 845484. Once that one lands I can update this patch.
Comment on attachment 729901 [details] [diff] [review]
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:23.0) Gecko/20130404 Firefox/23.0
No Master Password in Options. Visiting and logging in to a site which requires authentication saved the password without problems.
Went through the following "Defect" for iteration #6 testing. Used the following build:
- Ensured that "Master Password" is not present under "Options" in the "Setting" charm
- Ensured that a "Remember Password" prompt appears at the top of the browser when logging into a website with a password
- Ensured that selecting "Remember Password" saves the passwords and can be used to re-login without issues (tried several different sites)
- Ensured that you can "Change" the password if you inserted an incorrect password previously
- Ensured that selecting "Clear" under "Options" removes all of the saved passwords
Went through the following "Change" for iteration #8 testing without any issues. Used the following build:
- Went through the test cases added in comment 5 without any issues
- Ensured that selecting "Not for this site" will not ask the user to remember the password again for that particular site
- Ensured that the "Remember Password" is not dismissed until a user makes a selection
Found Bug 883484 when going through the following "Change" but found a better "Story" to block.
This does not have a story to attach to since it's a removal of a feature that was never captured in a Metro story.
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Build ID: 20130825030201
Built from http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/01576441bdc6
Tested on windows 8 using latest nightly for iteration-12. Followed steps provided in comment5 and 6 got expected result.
FWIW in the current Metro build, when I forced a sync with my account which has a master account set up IN ADDITION to other security measures I have in place and all my passwords were brought in but no master password is ever needed within Metro.
I think it's a really bad idea to not allow a user to encrypt passwords at the Metro Firefox level via the existing sync system especially considering the recent press regarding Chrome's lack of a master password issue.
(In reply to aasymonds from comment #9)
> FWIW in the current Metro build, when I forced a sync with my account which
> has a master account set up IN ADDITION to other security measures I have in
> place and all my passwords were brought in but no master password is ever
> needed within Metro.
> I think it's a really bad idea to not allow a user to encrypt passwords at
> the Metro Firefox level via the existing sync system especially considering
> the recent press regarding Chrome's lack of a master password issue.
Thank you for your input, aasymonds. For future reference, advocacy comments are not appropriate for Bugzilla. You can learn more about how we use Bugzilla here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html