Hi, I will be evaluating new os x deployment software and will need to borrow an r4 snow leopard mini from scl1. Can you guys pull one from production so that I can use it for testing with the os x imaging software? Also, this will be a *long term* borrow. Please let me know, thanks!
Say hi to our intern, Shawn :} An r4 lion machine would work as well; we just need some sort of r4 that we can wipe and reinstall to test out both lion and snow leopard. We'll be temporarily relocating it to scl3 and probably using it for a month or two.
buildduty can give a hand with this.
Hi Shawn! Thanks for your help!
talos-r4-lion-007 was scheduled for reboots-scl1; now I'm going to mark it for Shawn.
(Please unassign when you're done with it.)
Shawn, are you still using this?
Hi Ben, Yes, I am still using it at the moment.
We'll be using it for a couple months, yes.
Hi arr, is this host still being used?
Still in use. Will be until about mid-Q4 I suspect (since we're waiting on new hardware to replace the imaging system).
Still waiting on the new hardware to be racked/cabled.
Does the plan to re-image all lion machines as snow machines change anything in here? I can mark it in our code as not in production until this work is done. I just need to know what talos-r4-lion-007 will turn into so I can file the proper problem tracking bug.
It will eventually turn into a snow machine, but not for a while till we get casper working. It'll probably get turned into snow-171, but I would wait till we're actually ready to reimage it since it's in SCL3, not SCL1, so that will change things.
This is actually the only r4 system we have to test things out on because we gave releng all of our test r4s back when there was a big crunch when we were still running snow leopard and lion test machines. I think I'd like to just keep this one permanently (now that we've gotten rid of lion testers, we've doubled the size of the snow leopard pool) and close out this bug. Work for you?
Coop, I'd like to defer to you on this. I've checked; talos-r4-lion-00 it is currently not listed in slavealloc (it never got upgraded to mtnlion - see the tracking bug). It still has a tracking bug. If we give it permanently to relops, what admin is there for us to do (e.g. do we need to update anything in invtool to say which team hardware is assigned to etc?). Should we also close the tracking bug? From a capacity perspective, I guess one machine less does not have a big impact hit, what do you think? Thanks, Pete
Yes, relops can keep it. We are already making due without it.
Do we need to take care of any admin to keep track of this handover?
(In reply to Pete Moore [:pete][:pmoore] from comment #18) > Do we need to take care of any admin to keep track of this handover? At the very least, we should comment in the slave problem tracking bug (and then close it) and add a comment to slavealloc. We should also remove the slave from our buildbot-configs.
It isn't in slavealloc, and does not appear in buildbot-configs (I guess since it missed the migration from lion to mtnlion) - so I've closed the tracking bug, and it sounds like that should be enough. Thanks! Pete