User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.89 Safari/537.36 Steps to reproduce: Looking at https://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/mobile/locales/en-US/searchplugins/amazondotcom.xml Actual results: Noticed <Url type="text/html" method="GET" template="http://m.amazon.com/gp/aw/s"> Expected results: It should say http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s instead of http://m.amazon.com/gp/aw/s, otherwise you pay the cost of an HTTP redirect from m to www.
Here's what happens now: $ curl -vvv 'http://m.amazon.com/gp/aw/s?k=foo' * About to connect() to m.amazon.com port 80 * Trying 184.108.40.206... connected * Connected to m.amazon.com (220.127.116.11) port 80 > GET /gp/aw/s?k=foo HTTP/1.1 > Host: m.amazon.com > Accept: */* > < HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently < Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:24:14 GMT < Server: Server < Location: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s?k=foo
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
tracking-fennec: --- → ?
Ever confirmed: true
OS: Linux → Android
Hardware: x86_64 → ARM
Bit of history, it seems that we used the current URL for tracking purposes in bug 762046
I need to test this before putting up for review
Assignee: nobody → mark.finkle
Thanks for the pointer, Aaron. I see the comment by Joanne Nagel in bug 762046. Let me double check this.
Looks like m.amazon.com just redirects to www now. Thanks for the heads up though. Please proceed with the change.
Comment on attachment 773321 [details] [diff] [review] patch v1 I tested the patch on phone and tablet. It works as it did previously. It shows a phone-centric UI for both phones and tablets. This is expected, I believe, since we are only removing a server-side redirect with this patch. Hopefully we'll get tablet-centric UI on tablets at some point.
Attachment #773321 - Flags: review?(bnicholson)
Attachment #773321 - Flags: review?(bnicholson) → review+
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 25
Verified fixed on: Build: Firefox for Android 25.0a1(2013-07-15) Device: LG Nexus 4 OS: Android 4.2.2
Firefox 22/23/24 are not displaying queried results (bug 898975). I believe we need this patch on 23/24.
I'm testing this patch on Beta - I'll update once I have more info.
Comment on attachment 773321 [details] [diff] [review] patch v1 [Approval Request Comment] Bug caused by (feature/regressing bug #): bug 762046 added the current URL, but it's not really a regression. this fix is an optimization. User impact if declined: extra round trip when doing a search via Amazon Testing completed (on m-c, etc.): landed on m-c for a bit Risk to taking this patch (and alternatives if risky): very low risk String or IDL/UUID changes made by this patch:none
Comment on attachment 773321 [details] [diff] [review] patch v1 See above. This could work for beta too.
I tested this patch by hand on Aurora and it fixes the issues in bug 898975. I have not ran any automated tests. I was unable to build on Beta due to the sdk build changes (notably, the missing apkbuilder binary - see bug 874132).
Comment on attachment 773321 [details] [diff] [review] patch v1 last minute uplift approval.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.